Hiking Tour Sete Cidades
Duration: 3 hours Super Easy
Why we love this tour
Join us for a nice hiking adventure and explore Sete Cidades.
- Hiking to the highest point of the island - Pico das Éguas
- Beautiful views and mysterious lagoons
- Forest of Cryptomeria
- Explore a rich ecosystem of local species
On this walking tour, we can see lagoons, climb to the top of a mountain and enjoy a privileged view over the central part of São Miguel Island. We can also find some species of endemic flora, many of which are rare to see and we will get to know the various lagoons and wetlands of the western part of the island of S. Miguel.
During the walking tour it will be possible to observe the Lagoa das Éguas, the Lagoa Rasa, before climbing to one of the highest points of the island, Pico das Éguas, then we continue towards the Lagoa das Empadadas, through a forest of Cryptomeria (Cryptomeria japonica ), before returning to the starting point.
09:00 or 14:00 – Picos de Aventura / Meeting at the Hotel
9:30 or 14:30 – Start of the trail in Serra Devassa
12:00 or 17:00 - End of the track
12:30 or 17:30 – Arrival in Ponta Delgada and end of the activity
Need to know before you go
What to bring with you:
- Footwear suitable for walking (Hiking boots)
- Comfortable clothing
- Light jacket
- Extra t-shirt or sweatshirt
- Food supplement
- Bathing suit
- Sunscreen and hat.
Other recommended equipment
Canes, gaiters (winter) reusable water bottle.
- Start time is 9:00 am. This tour runs all year round.
- Minimum age to participate is 6 years old.
- Children ages 6-18 must have a parent or guardian with them or written consent.
Activity not recommended for: People with reduced mobility, severe/very severe asthma and heart problems.
- Your booking will become valid after we receive your payment and send you a confirmation email.
- You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance with 100% reimbursement. Charge 50% of the total amount if canceled within the 24 hours
- In case of cancellation from our side due to bad weather, we will return your payment in full.
Picos de Aventura
Marina Pêro De Teive Avenida João Bosco Mota Amaral, 9500-771 Ponta Delgada
Pick ups and drop offs in units of accommodation in Ponta Delgada and Angra do Heroísmo
Provided byPicos de Aventura
Reviews for this provider
29 Oct 2022
An absolutely incredible experience with the team, I was apprehensive at first as my swimming skills are not that great, but they helped me through the whole adventure and I will definitely do something else when I back here for my next trip. Thanks a million
5 Oct 2022
Professional,toi crowdy on the speedboat
19 Aug 2022
Great canyoning trip! Knowledgeable and friendly guides, we had a fantastic time!
3 Aug 2022
18 Jul 2022
17 Sep 2021
Incredible experience, we managed to swim with dolphins 5 times. The tour group knew how to find the dolphins and get us into the water to maximise the experience. My partner bruised her body trying to climb back into the boat and they also took the time to treat the bruise upon our return to the mainland.
You might also like
Bike Tour around Sete Cidades Caldera, Azores
With every color green you can imagine, the Sete Cidade Caldera's lush hills and bright crater lakes make for a spectacular mountain bike ride.
Half-day Canyoning in Ribeira dos Caldeiroes, Azores
available for tomorrow
Adventure down a flowing stream on a canyoning trip in the Ribeira dos Caldeirões Natural Park. It's a trip overflowing with both greenery and fun.