Swimming With Dolphins In Sao Miguel
Duration: 2.5 hours Super Easy
Why we love this tour
To Swim with Dolphins in Azores Islands – a fantastic life-changing experience! Get to know these magnificent creatures!
- High Nature Connection
- Marine Biologist Guide
- Specialized Zodiac Boat
- Dolphin Lookouts inland
Spend some time in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean experiencing once-in-a-lifetime moments with wild common dolphins, bottlenose dolphins, Atlantic spotted dolphins, and occasionally even Risso's dolphins that may welcome you to their vast and blue home.
Be advised that swimming with dolphins frequently causes changes in awareness in the participants. Be prepared to feel happiness, ecstatic delight, emotional release, profound relaxation, and mindfulness. It is said that because dolphins see the world as a whole, they will accept you as a member of it. This is a great chance to meet the dolphins and learn more about them.
We recommend you to be 30 minutes early for registration and briefing. Bring Water, a full change of clothing, Sunscreen & Chapstick for the Sun, and your swimming suit. Light meals are permitted, and if you have an underwater Camera don’t leave it behind – make sure to keep it securely attached to you in the water.
Need to know before you go
- We provide 3.2mm thick Neoprene Suits, and Snorkel Mask.
- You can go Swim with Dolphins in Azores regardless of your physical condition, as long as you can and know how to Swim, always depending on the sea and weather. Due to boating turbulence, we do not recommend it to people with a weak back or delicate health, nor to pregnant or children under the age of 4.
- Eat light, and bring your personal water supply, towel, swim suit, a full change of warm clothing, sunscreen and chap-stick for the Sun. Light food is permitted onboard, and a Camera is essential, especially for photography lovers - please protect any personal equipment.
- IT IS IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND THAT it is not possible to control animal behavior, and proximity or interaction can never be guaranteed.
- It is not permitted to: use fins, touch, feed, be too noisy, make abrupt movements, or swim too fast in their direction.
English is the official language, but our team is multinational and will do their best to accommodate your preferred language (this is not guaranteed).
This is a high conservational risk activity: a qualified Guide will always be there to ensure the best environmental & conservation standards during the tour.
How to get to us:
From Ponta Delgada city center by auto, head East along the coast and follow directions to Vila Franca do Campo. Once in Vila Franca do Campo, descend towards sea level and the Marina where our Base and Yellow Boats are stationed - and Free Parking can be found. Directions from Google Maps: http://maps.google.com/?saddr=Current+Location&daddr=Azores+Whale+Watching+Terr a+Azul
Changes with up to 24 hours notice from scheduled departure times are free of charge. Changes after 24 hours preceding departure times, or being late, will be fully charged.
TERRA AZUL Base Marina of Vila Franca do Campo 4, 9680-187 São Miguel - Azores Islands, Portugal
GPS: 37.715780, -25.429745
Provided byAzores Whale Watching Terrazul
What our customers say about us
You might also like
Birdwatching Expedition Boat Adventure
Join a marine wildlife expedition to explore hidden places and observe the season’s birds!
Whale Watching And Islet Boat Tour, Azores
Join an exciting Marine Wildlife tour with Biologists and Naturalists, to see and learn more about Whales, Dolphins, Turtles, Fish, Birds, and the season's marine biodiversity of the Azores Islands!