Whale Watching And Islet Boat Tour, Azores
Duration: 3 hours Super Easy
Why we love this tour
Join an exciting Marine Wildlife tour with Biologists and Naturalists, to see and learn more about Whales, Dolphins, Turtles, Fish, Birds, and the season's marine biodiversity of the Azores Islands!
- Free Tour Around the Islet
- Marine Biologist Guide
- Specialized Zodiac Boat
- Whale Lookouts inland
- Great for Family & Friends
Discover the beautiful coastline, sandy beaches, and Princess Ring Islet of Vila Franca do Campo away from the island coast, as well as all the best-kept marine life secrets in the center of the Atlantic.
At the appointed hour, meet us at the Vila Franca do Campo Marina to check in.
A brief introduction on the area species of cetaceans (whales and dolphins), their migration patterns, and aboard safety precedes the journey.
Follow your Guide and Skipper to the boat and head out to sea.Lookouts high inland assist in finding our pals and give VHF Radio guidance to the area where the boat will initially travel quickly. Your Guide will tell you as they cautiously approach our companions, gather field data and imagery for local study, and be accessible at all times to answer any specific questions you may have. Please feel free to do so.
All year long, marine wildlife can be seen. There are around 25 different types of cetaceans that can be sighted, along with three different dolphin species that live there and a wealth of marine biodiversity.
Returning to the Marina, the boat will take passengers on a tour of Vila Franca do Campo's Princess Ring Islet so they can get a close-up view of the volcanic wonder and the local animals.
Need to know before you go
- Eat light, and bring your personal water supply, sunscreen and chap-stick, and warm clothing. Light food is permitted, a camera is essential (pref. with zoom), binoculars are recommended - protect any personal equipment.
- NOT FOR anyone pregnant, with weak back, in wheelchair, in delicate health condition, or under the age of 4.
- Reservations at all times subject to rescheduling to availability requirements, safety and weather conditions.
- English is the official language, but our team is multinational and will do their best to accommodate your preferred language (this is not guaranteed).
- IT IS IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND THAT it is not possible to control animals' behavior in the wild, or to guarantee that you will see a specific species at a specific time frame.
- This is a high conservational risk activity - a qualified Wildlife Guide will always be there to ensure the best environmental & conservation standards during tour.
- Children of ages up to 13 must be accompanied by at least one adult.
How to get to us:
From Ponta Delgada city center by auto, head East along the coast and follow directions to Vila Franca do Campo. Once in Vila Franca do Campo, descend towards sea level and the Marina where our Base and Yellow Boats are stationed - and Free Parking can be found. Directions from Google Maps: http://maps.google.com/?saddr=Current+Location&daddr=Azores+Whale+Watching+Terr a+Azul
Changes with up to 24 hours notice from scheduled departure times are free of charge. Changes after 24 hours preceding departure times, or being late, will be fully charged.
TERRA AZUL Base Marina of Vila Franca do Campo 4, 9680-187 São Miguel - Azores Islands, Portugal
GPS: 37.715780, -25.429745
Provided byAzores Whale Watching Terrazul
What our customers say about us
You might also like
Birdwatching Expedition Boat Adventure
available for 5 Feb 2023
Join a marine wildlife expedition to explore hidden places and observe the season’s birds!
Furnas Volcano, Botanic Gardens Tour & Hotsprings
available for tomorrow
Enjoy the crater lake, village,local food, geysers, see beautiful botanic garden, exotic and rare plants, end with hotsprings thermal bath surrounded by Nature!