Wildlife Safari in the Forests of Stockholm
Duration: 4 hours Super Easy
Why we love this tour
Spot the incredible wild animals that inhabit Swedish nature!
- Animal spotting
- Dinner (cold)
- Wildlife and flora explanation
- 1,5-hour walk in the forest
Do you wish to witness the amazing wild animals that abound in Swedish nature? You can explore the Stockholm forest, which is close to the city, with True Nature Sweden. Our wildlife tour experienced guide will help us see the wildlife because it is free to roam.
You can discover more of Sweden while spending a long weekend in Stockholm. You'll see that our wilderness is home to spectacular animals, and you will be able to appreciate these species up close. We have everything ready for you. We recommend going on this fantastic safari, which will allow you to see a wide variety of creatures typical of wild Sweden.
It's time for us to venture outside in the evening when the woodland is beginning to grow mystical. In fact, wildlife frequently emerges between twilight and sunrise. We take you outside at that point so you can see the fauna. We'll meet up at our office (Ystadsvägen 18, 121 49 Johanneshov), and from there, we'll all drive the minivan. Please note that the start times on this page's left side vary depending on the month. We'll begin by driving the minivan through a location to check for any animals that might be waiting for us. We'll keep strolling into the forest, near a lake where we've heard lots of animal activity.
We'll have plenty of time to explore some of Sweden's famous wildlife and eat a hearty dinner.
We will have time during the tour to discuss the various creatures that one might come across in Sweden when out in the wild, as well as their behavior, habits, diet, how and where to spot them, and other topics. Bring any questions you may have. Before reconnoitering the woodland once more, we shall take a stop for dinner. Dinner will be served chilled. We will offer a Swedish Fika and coffee or hot chocolate during the winter. We serve you a Swedish Fika, which consists of pastries and hot beverages, as we start earlier than usual in order to capture the dawn.
Here is a list of what exists mostly in our forests:
- Moose or elk: is the very iconic animal of Sweden and we are always doing our best to spot them during our tours.
- The beaver: this shy and silent animal is rare to spot but can be encountered around water points.
- The wolf: no worries they’ll see you but you’ll never see them.
- The lynx: they are outnumbered unfortunately and they live more towards the centre of Sweden. They are probably the hardest animal to spot. Fantastic hunter.
- The bear: we couldn’t mention it. Well we will talk about it but they don’t live in the Stockholm region, so no worries, no encounter possible.
- Roe Deer: are probably the most common to see and we will spot them grazing in herds on grassland.
- The fallow deer is a magnificent deer slightly bigger than the roe deer but having white dots on the fur. Hope we’ll see them.
- Sea eagle: Can be spotted sometime over the forest as the sea is never far.
- Woodpecker: So much to say about them, I’ll let you discover.
- Reindeer and wolverine: Those ones are very Nordic animals, they like cold, snow, and high land for the wolverine. No chance to spot them.
There are many other animals to talk about like the crow, hare, grouse, ant nest, grey owl, wild boar, and many more that we will talk about during the safari.
Need to know before you go
What to bring:
- A day backpack
- Hiking shoes
- Rain clothes
- Your camera
The starting time is different every month:
- January: 13:00
- February: 14:00
- March: 15:00
- April: 17:00
- May: 18:00
- June to August: 19:00
- September: 17:00
- October: 15:00
- November: 14:00
- December: 13:00
Animals in the wilderness are hardly predictable. We do everything we can and use our expertise to spot them but we can not guarantee to see all the animals as we don’t feed or attract them in any way!
This experience requires a minimum of 2 people. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before the event and 10 days for groups over 4 participants for 1-day tours.
True Nature Sweden Office
Ystadsvägen 18, 121 49 Johanneshov
How to get there, coming from the city: Metro station Hammarbyhöjden, on the green line, number 17, towards Skarpnäck. When you step off the metro take left, then exit the metro station. You arrive on Malmövägen, take the right and follow the sharp 90° turn going left then continue walking for about 5 minutes. On the way, you will pass the café called ''Bonne Femme’', pass it and continue down the road for about 1 minute. The house on the corner of Ystadsvägen is where you'll meet your guide. The logo True Nature Sweden is written on the windows.
Provided byTrue Nature Sweden
Reviews for this tour
4 Nov 2022
What a great experience! We went to a nature reserve in a minivan, hiked through the forest and enjoyed beautiful nature. We spotted many roe deers and hares on the way. Finally, at the end of the tour we were lucky enough to meet a giant moose! Unforgettable moment :). And the guide was amazing! So funny and knowledgable.
You might also like
1-day Kayaking Adventure in Stockholm Archipelago
8 spots available for 2 Apr 2023
Explore the breathtaking wildlife of Stockholm archipelago in this fantastic kayaking day trip.
1-Day Winter Hike from Stockholm
available for tomorrow
You'll discover the true winter wonderland that's surrounding Stockholm and hike through enormous forests!