Sailing Trip to Cascais and City Visit, from Lisboa
Duration: 5.5 hours Super Easy
Why we love this tour
Sail along the coast of Belem, Estoril, and Cascais, to enjoy the sea breeze and marvel at the view of the sunny beaches
- Learn with a walking tour in Cascais led by an expert guide.
- Discover Cascais, the summer destination of the royal family up until the end of the 19th century
- Learn about the history of Cascais Citadel a set of fortifications with more than 500 years
- Be amazed by Cascais “Hells Mouth” a unique natural chasm located in the seaside cliffs, and feel the full force of the Atlantic Ocean
- Enjoy 2 hours of free time in Cascais and follow the recommendations of your guide.
- Return to Lisboa on a comfortable air-conditioned van or minibus
Meet your boat at the Belem dock, then cruise along the coastline until you arrive at Cascais Bay. You will be able to learn about the route that Portuguese navigators took 500 years ago to enter and exit the city of Lisbon, admire one of Portugal's largest maritime defense structures, the imposing and formal St. Juliao da Barra Fort, and take in the sea air and breathtaking views of the sunny beaches from the cities of Estoril and Cascais on your way to Cascais.
Your guide will lead you on a walking tour of Cascais, a fishing community that used to be the summer retreat of the Portuguese royal family (a group of fortifications constructed more than 500 years ago to defend the principal Portuguese Atlantic port from robbery by pirates and corsairs) and you will discover the history and oddities of this location.
Explore the history and peculiarities of this location while admiring the path that will lead you to the "Hells Mouth," a stunning location where you may experience the full fury of the Atlantic Ocean and take a priceless postcard photo. Then take advantage of your two hours of free time to explore the sites of your choice on your own or to meander through the quaint streets of the hamlet to sample the regional cuisine.
In the end, a cozy van or air-conditioned minibus will take you back to Lisboa. On a high-end small group trip, delight in and have fun.
Need to know before you go
- Please, be at the check in point 15’ minutes before departure time
- Comfortable clothing and shoes
- This product is subject to cancellation or rescheduling based on inclement weather
- There is a minimum of people required to operate the tour. In the event that this minimum is not met, customers will be offered an alternative date, another tour of equal or superior value, or a full refund
- Tour may be affected due to special circumstances
Belem. Doca do Bom Sucesso. Av. Brasília, 1400-038 Lisboa
Provided byWe Barcelona World Experience
What our customers say about us
You might also like
eBike Barcelona City Ride, With Cable Car Ticket & Sailing Trip
available for 5 Feb 2023
Enjoy the best of Barcelona from different perspectives on a half-day tour by land, sea, and air! Discover Barcelona by eBike, admire the city from the Cable Car and Sail along the Barcelona waterfront.
eBike Tour And Wine Tasting From Barcelona
available for 6 Feb 2023
Enjoy an exclusive Wine experience in this easy ride along the coast on our Smart E-Bikes and marvel at the beautiful views of the Mediterranean Sea. Reach Alella to taste the wines of its family run winery and stroll along its ancient vineyards.