Sailing Trip To Sintra & Cascais, from Lisbon
Duration: 7 hours Super Easy
Why we love this tour
Discover romantic Sintra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and Cascais. Enjoy the wind in your hair on this sailing experience!
- Visit the Pena Palace, one of the best expressions of 19th century Romanticism.
- Learn the history with a Guided Tour at Pena Palace
- Visit the picturesque village of Sintra
- Discover Cascais, the summer destination of the royal family up until the end of the 19th century
- Learn about the history of Cascais Citadel a set of fortifications with more than 500 years
- Be amazed by Cascais “Hells Mouth” a unique natural chasm located in the seaside cliffs, and feel the full force of the Atlantic Ocean
- Sail along the coast of Cascais and Estoril, to enjoy the sea breeze and marvel at the fantastic view of the sunny beaches
- Romantic Sintra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and Cascais
Meet your guide in the heart of Lisbon, then ride in a cozy, air-conditioned minivan to the charming town of Sintra. When you reach the top of the Serra de Sintra, you will see the Pena Palace, one of Europe's finest examples of Romanticism from the 19th century. With your guide by your side, explore the gardens and take in the exotic plants from all over the world that make this place magical and enigmatic. Visit the Pena Palace, one of the Portuguese royal family's primary residences throughout the 19th century, to marvel at the deliberate blending of architectural styles and learn why King Fernando II deserves the moniker "King-Artist."
Take in the views of the Moorish Castle, which was erected in the ninth century and conquered by the Portuguese during the establishment of the Portugal Kingdom and serves as a reminder of the Islamic presence in the Iberian Peninsula. Immerse yourself in Sintra's Cultural Landscape, which is a UNESCO-designated World Heritage Site, before visiting the scenic village of Sintra to wander at your leisure through its charming alleyways and sample local delicacies like the renowned travesseiros and queijadas de Sintra.
Continue the excursion by visiting Cascais, a fishing village that used to be the royal family's summer retreat, on a walking tour of the Cascais Citadel conducted by your Expert Guide (a group of fortifications constructed more than 500 years ago to defend the principal Portuguese Atlantic port from robbery by pirates and corsairs) and discover the history and oddities of this location. Then you'll go to "Hells Mouth," a spectacular natural gap in the beachfront cliffs, to experience the full fury of the Atlantic Ocean and take that priceless postcard photo.
Close the tour You can reach Belem, the area of Lisbon that pays homage to the era of Portuguese maritime discoveries, by sailing around the coasts of Cascais and Estoril while taking in the scenery of the beautiful beaches and feeling the sea wind.
Need to know before you go
- Please, be at the check in point 15’ minutes before departure time
- Let us know at the time of booking of any dietary restrictions or allergies
- Tour may be affected due to special circumstances
Customers will receive a full refund with 24 hours notice of cancellation. Customers will also receive a full refund in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
Praça marques de Pombal nr. 8C 1269-133 Lisboa
Provided byWe Barcelona World Experience
What our customers say about us
You might also like
eBike Barcelona City Ride, With Cable Car Ticket & Sailing Trip
Enjoy the best of Barcelona from different perspectives on a half-day tour by land, sea, and air! Discover Barcelona by eBike, admire the city from the Cable Car and Sail along the Barcelona waterfront.
eBike Tour And Wine Tasting From Barcelona
Enjoy an exclusive Wine experience in this easy ride along the coast on our Smart E-Bikes and marvel at the beautiful views of the Mediterranean Sea. Reach Alella to taste the wines of its family run winery and stroll along its ancient vineyards.