Montserrat Hot-Air Balloon Experience & Monastery Guided Visit
Duration: 6.5 hours Super Easy spectacular landscapes
Why we love this tour
Enjoy the breathtaking views in a hot air balloon while you fly over the Pla de Bages observing the magnificent view of the unique shape of Montserrat Mountains.
- One of the most spectacular landscapes in Catalonia (panoramic views of the Pyrenees, Mediterranean and Montserrat)
- Hot-air balloon flight in Montserrat area
- Conclude the flight with a snack and Champagne toast
- A half day tour guided by a knowledgeable tour guide, ensuring top quality service and great destination info!
- Guided visit Monastery of Montserrat
Usually starts at 6:00, 7:00
Enjoy the stunning sights from a hot air balloon as you soar above the Pla de Bages and take in the magnificent vista of the Montserrat Mountains' unique shape. Visit the Monastery of Montserrat to learn about the history and ventures of this nearly 1,000-year-old monastery. Take this exclusive flight on a Hot Air Balloon close to the Montserrat Mountain and admire its unique needle shape formations, one of the most spectacular landscapes in Catalonia.
The activity begins early in the morning, and we will proceed directly to the flying zone, where you will assist in the balloon filling.
Once it's ready, we'll take off for an unforgettable hour of flying near the Mountain and its surroundings. A 4WD car will be waiting to pick you up at the end of the trip and take you back to the flying zone, where your guide will be waiting for you to continue with the tour. But first, toast your flight in these magical regions with a glass of cava. Continue your tour at the famed Benedictine Monastery, which has been around for than a thousand years and is famous for housing "La Moreneta," Catalonia's patron saint (visit not guaranteed). Depending on the season and the schedule, you may be able to see the famous boys choir “Escolania de Montserrat” sing.
5:00h – Pick up from your hotel or apartment
6:00h – StarQng the experience at Paseo de Gracia
- Go through Barcelona learning the stories about the buildings and the Eixample.
- Leave the city and start to see all the surrounding cities and towns.
- We will drive you through the County side and you will start to see the great mountain of Montserrat
7:00h – We will arrive to the taking off area for the balloon. See how they blow the balloon
- See how they raise up the balloon Get into the basket
- Starts to fly!
- Enjoy the views from the balloon
8:30h – Landing with the ballon
09:15h – Go to Montserrat mountain
10.00h – Visit the monastery
- Learn about the history of the monastery
- Visit the Basilica of Santa Maria de Montserrat Learn about the Monks life style
- Enjoy the views from the Monastery
11.15h - Enjoy the free time
- Visit the farmers market
- Visit the cafeteria
- Check the souvenirs stores
11.45h – Meet your guide again
12.00h – Go back to Barcelona
13.00h – End of the experience at the starQng point.
Need to know before you go
- Please, be at the check in point 15 minutes before departure time
- You will be contacted the previous day with the Pick Up/Meeting Point Information
- There is a minimum of people required to operate the tour. In the event that this minimum is not met, customers will be offered an alternative date, another tour of equal or superior value, or a full refund
- Tour may be affected due to special circumstances
- This product is subject to cancellation or rescheduling based on inclement weather
- The visit to the Moreneta is not guaranteed, it is subject to availability and depending on the season, as there may be up to 2hrs of queue
Customers will receive a full refund with 24 hours notice of cancellation. Customers will also receive a full refund in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
Passatge de la Concepció, 7, 08008 Barcelona
Provided byWe Barcelona World Experience
What our customers say about us
You might also like
eBike Barcelona City Ride, With Cable Car Ticket & Sailing Trip
available for 9 Aug 2022
Enjoy the best of Barcelona from different perspectives on a half-day tour by land, sea, and air! Discover Barcelona by eBike, admire the city from the Cable Car and Sail along the Barcelona waterfront.
eBike Madrid City Tour: Highlights & Parks
available for 9 Aug 2022
Don’t miss out on any of Madrid's cultural and historical highlights, accompanied by our official professional guide.
eBike Tour And Wine Tasting From Barcelona
available for 10 Aug 2022
Enjoy an exclusive Wine experience in this easy ride along the coast on our Smart E-Bikes and marvel at the beautiful views of the Mediterranean Sea. Reach Alella to taste the wines of its family run winery and stroll along its ancient vineyards.