Montserrat Hiking Tour To Monastery & Natural Park
Duration: 5.5 hours Super Easy
Why we love this tour
Board the Montserrat Railway to observe the area’s fascinating flora and fauna following a trail with the best specialized guide in Montserrat Natural Park.
- The splendour Visit of the Montserrat Abbey
- Great views from the Sant Joan railway
- Seasonal Fresh Fruit
- Natural Park of Montserrat hike for the best scenic views
- Premium Small Group for a personalized experience
The adventure begins in the high levels of Passeig de Gràcia, before continuing on to the natural beauty of Montserrat, Catalonia's most famous mountain. Montserrat, which is topped by a Benedictine Monastery, is a perfect half-day trip for a delightful day in nature just a few kilometers from Barcelona. Admire the Massif of Montserrat on your route to the Monastery, a stunning multi-peaked rocky range studded with unusual needle-shape formations.
Visit the Monastery upon arrival, which was founded in the 10th century and still operates today with around 70 monks. It is particularly well-known for housing the image of La Moreneta, Catalonia's patron saint (visit not guaranteed). Your guide will bring history to life by recounting the history and exploits of this approximately 1,000-year-old Monastery.
Following a track (thus trekking) with the most expert guide in Montserrat Natural Park, board the Sant Joan Railway to witness the area's fascinating flora and fauna.
08:15h – Welcome with our We specialist guide at Pasatge de la concepció, 7
08:30h – StarQng the experience at Paseo de Gracia by bus
- Go through Barcelona learning the stories about the buildings and the Eixample
- We will drive you throught Diagonal avenue, the largest in Barcelona
- See the Royal Palace of Pedralbes and the Campus from the UB, the first public university in the city Leave the city and start to see all the surrounding cities and towns.
- You will be able to see the Sportive City of FC Barcelona and its headquarters
- We will drive you through the County side and you will start to see the great mountain of Montserrat Get into the Natural Park of Montserrat
- See the great views while your are going up to the mountain
09:30h – We will arrive to Montserrat and start de cultural visit to the Monastery Learn about the history of the monastery
- Visit the Basilica of Santa Maria de Montserrat
- Learn about the Monks life style
- Enjoy the views from the Monastery
10:45h – Take Sant Joan’s Funicular.
- Start the hike from the top of Sant Joan’s Funicular
- Learn how the mountain was made
- Walk most of the time downhill and enjoy the views
- Learn about the surroundings of the mountain and the wild life
12:00 – Finish your hiking and start your free time Visit the farmers market
- Visit the cafeteria
- Check the souvenirs stores
12.40 -Meet your guide again to go back to the bus
- Way back to Barcelona
14:00 End of the experience at the starting point.
Need to know before you go
- Please, be at the check in point 15’ minutes before departure Qme.
- This product is subject to cancellation or rescheduling based on inclement weather.
- The visit to the Moreneta is not guaranteed, it is subject to availability and depending on the season, as there may be up to 2hrs of queue.
What to bring with you:
- Comfortable clothing and shoes
- There is a minimum of people required to operate the tour. In the event that this minimum is not met, customers will be offered an alternaQve date, another tour of equal or superior value, or a full refund.
- There is a minimum of people required to operate on languages that are not English or Spanish. if this minimum is not reached, the tour will be offered in English.
- Tour may be affected due to special circumstances
Customers will receive a full refundtwith 24 hours notice of cancellation. Customers will also receive a full refund in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
Passatge de la Concepció, 7, 08008 Barcelona
Provided byWe Barcelona World Experience
What our customers say about us
You might also like
eBike Barcelona City Ride, With Cable Car Ticket & Sailing Trip
Enjoy the best of Barcelona from different perspectives on a half-day tour by land, sea, and air! Discover Barcelona by eBike, admire the city from the Cable Car and Sail along the Barcelona waterfront.
eBike Tour And Wine Tasting From Barcelona
Enjoy an exclusive Wine experience in this easy ride along the coast on our Smart E-Bikes and marvel at the beautiful views of the Mediterranean Sea. Reach Alella to taste the wines of its family run winery and stroll along its ancient vineyards.