Montserrat Monastery & Horse Riding Experience From Barcelona
Duration: 6 hours Super Easy
Why we love this tour
Escape the hustle of Barcelona on a horseback and visit the Monastery on top of the mountains!
- Visit the Monastery of Montserrat and surroundings
- A half day guided tour by a knowledgeable local guide
- A guided horseback ride with an experienced monitor
- Montserrat Cable Car descent with beautiful views
- Views of a unique landscape, a perfect getaway for nature lovers
Take in the spectacular scenery while participating in a one-of-a-kind experience and learning the basics of horseback riding. In a small group trip, have a good time and enjoy the personal approach. A half-day excursion to Catalonia's most famous mountain. Montserrat, which is topped by a Benedictine Monastery, is an excellent half-day trip for a delightful day in nature just a few kilometers outside of Barcelona.
Admire the Massif de Montserrat on your route to the Monastery, a stunning multi-peaked rocky range full of distinctive needle-shape formations. Visit the Monastery upon arrival, which was founded in the 10th century and still operates today with around 70 monks. It is particularly well-known for housing the image of La Moreneta, Catalonia's patron saint (visit not guaranteed). After the tour, you will have free time to shop for souvenirs, take photos, and so on.
Next, get ready for a thrilling horseback ride along the Natural Park, offering breathtaking views of Montserrat. All while enjoying the freedom and tranquility of the countryside. Lead by experienced guides, the route is suitable for everyone. Enjoy the ride and the spectacular sight of the mountain!
08:15h – Welcome with our We specialist guide at Pasatge de la concepció, 7
08:30h – Starting the experience at Paseo de Gracia
- Go through Barcelona learning the stories about the buildings and the Eixample neighborhood designed on XIX century. We will drive you throught Diagonal avenue, the largest in Barcelona
- See the Royal Palace of Pedralbes and the Campus from the UB, the first public university in the city
- Leave the city and start to see all the surrounding ciQes and towns.
- We will drive you through the County side and you will start to see the great mountain of Montserrat Get into the Natural Park of Montserrat
- See the great views while your are going up to the mountain
09:30h – We will arrive to the Ranch to start with the Horse Riding experience You will have a short briefing to know how to ride the horses
- You will get a helmet and your horse
10:00h – Start of the Riding
- Enjoy the great views of the mountain of Montserrat Enjoy the landscape
11:00h – Finish your riding and go up to the monastery of Montserrat
11.30h - We will arrive to Montserrat and start de cultural visit to the Monastery
- Learn about the history of the monastery
- Visit the Basilica of Santa Maria de Montserrat Learn about the Monks life style
- Enjoy the views from the Monastery
12.30h – Enjoy the free Qme Visit the farmers market
- Visit the cafeteria
- Check the souvenirs stores
13.00h – Meet your guide again to go back to the bus
- Way back to Barcelona
14.30h – End of the experience at the starQng point.
Need to know before you go
- Please, be at the check in point 15’ minutes before departure time
- This product is subject to cancellation or rescheduling based on inclement weather
- The visit to the Moreneta is not guaranteed, it is subject to availability and depending on the season, as there may be up to 2hrs of queue
- Due to horse safety restrictions, anyone with a weight above 95 KG or below 12 years of age won't be allowed to join this activity
- Please indicate your prefered language in the note when booking
- There is a minimum of people required to operate the tour. In case the minimum is not met, customers will be offered an alternative date, another tour of equal or superior value, or a full refund
- Tour may be affected due to special circumstances
Customers will receive a full refund with 24 hours notice of cancellation. Customers will also receive a full refund in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
Passatge de la concepció 7, 08008 Barcelona
Provided byWe Barcelona World Experience
What our customers say about us
You might also like
eBike Barcelona City Ride, With Cable Car Ticket & Sailing Trip
Enjoy the best of Barcelona from different perspectives on a half-day tour by land, sea, and air! Discover Barcelona by eBike, admire the city from the Cable Car and Sail along the Barcelona waterfront.
eBike Tour And Wine Tasting From Barcelona
Enjoy an exclusive Wine experience in this easy ride along the coast on our Smart E-Bikes and marvel at the beautiful views of the Mediterranean Sea. Reach Alella to taste the wines of its family run winery and stroll along its ancient vineyards.