Red Canyon Tour in Gran Canaria
Duration: 8 hours Easy
Why we love this tour
You will get to explore the red canyon of Gran Canaria!
- Discover the mountainous landscapes and ancient ruins of the island South-East
- See ravines, palm valleys, and incredible views of the Caldera de Tirajana
- Capture pictures of the reddish-orange Barranco de Las Tobas
- Stop at a Canarian cave restaurant, where you can purchase a nice lunch
- Have the chance to visit Tenefé salt flats or Tufia coastal town
Discover amazing landscapes between impressive reddish cliffs, amazing palm groves, and the disturbing volcanic caldera that hides some of the oldest and the best legends and stories of the island of Gran Canary.
Are you ready for a memorable adventure? Join this exclusive full-day tour and go back in time by visiting various archaeological sites of the ancient aboriginal civilization of Gran Canaria. Join us and explore a mountainous landscape full of enigmas, mysteries, caves, ruins, cemeteries, and other remains that make evidence of the aboriginal life of the ancient “Canariis”.
Go ahead and we will approach the summit of the island so that you can get to know the incredible Caldera de Tirajana and the historical side of Santa Lucía by visiting La Fortaleza, one of the last refuges for the aboriginal population. Visit with us the mythical Barranco de Las Tobas and feel like a true adventurer, and finally, you will enjoy a sunset in the Salinas de Tenefé or Tufia.
- La Fortaleza's Aboriginal Caves: After collecting our clients, we will go to La Fortaleza, where we will make a small interpretive trail passing through the different caves, stories, and archaeological heritage. This enclave will make you connect with our ancestors, it will be a journey through time.
- La Sorrueda's Palm Valley: After our interactive visit to La Fortaleza, it is time to start with the nature part, for this we will enter the depths of the Sorrueda's ravine, to appreciate our palm groves, as well as different panoramic views of the dam and the Tirajana's Caldera. It will be a walk that will have the luck of seeing running water in times of rain and being able to cool off, as well as the breeze in the shade under the palm trees in summer; an activity full of magic.
- The Tobas Ravine: This will be the time to go on a small picturesque walk through one of the narrowest ravines in Gran Canaria, where the erosion of the water that once ran through it leaves us with indelible images to remember.
- Guayadeque's Cave-Restaurant: Within the entrails of this incredible ravine, one of the most visited places during the time of the Guanartematos, it opens up to us today to present its most welcoming face, traditional restaurants inside caves, a delight for the senses.
- Tenefé Salt Flats/Tufia Beach: The day will end with an incredible swim in the fishing village of Tufia, again we will see caves but this time near the coast to explain how the ancient Canarians took advantage of their food, another journey through time that will take us to appreciate the black sand of the Canary Islands. If the rain or the waves do not allow us to visit this town, we will visit the beautiful Salinas de Tenefé, one of the oldest salt flats on the island, where we can learn about the procedures for making the most acclaimed salt on the island.
Need to know before you go
- Hygienic cloth mask
- Sport clothes
- Closed sport shoes
- Raincoat or sweatshirt
- Something light to eat (sandwich, fruit or snack bar)
- 1,5 l. water bottle
- This is a group activity for a maximum of 8 people. You will share your time with other clients. Ratio 1:8
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Availability of places and seats for children is limited, only 2 children per activity.
- Not recommended for people with any recent injuries.
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers.
- WARNING: The timing for the pick-up can be changed at any moment. However, we will contact you a day before the activity starts, between 6-10 PM, and let you know the final details. The development of this tour depends on the weather conditions, the terrain, and the people participating. Significant changes in any of these conditions may imply the modification of the activity at the discretion of the guide.
➔ 08:00h Climbo (office), Tomás Morales 68.
➔ 08:05h Skatepark Parque Santa Catalina. Bus Stop Calle Eduardo Benot.
➔ 08:10h Alfredo Kraus Auditorium. Bus Stop Calle Sagunto.
➔ 08:40h Bahía Feliz. Bus Stop.
➔ 08:45h San Agustín. Bus Stop (Roca Clinic).
➔ 08:50h Yumbo Shopping Center. Parking / Parkplatz.
➔ 08:55h Holiday World Maspalomas. Bus Stop.
➔ 09:00h Sonneland. Taxi Rank.
➔ 09:05h Faro de Maspalomas. Bus Station (Platform 1).
➔ 09:10h Arguineguín Main Square. Bus Stop.
➔ 09:15h Patalavaca. Bus Stop.
➔ 09:20h Puerto Rico. Bus Stop.
➔ 09:25h Amadores Beach. Bus Stop.
➔ 09:30h Playa del Cura. Bus Stop.
➔ 09:35h Taurito. Bus Stop.
➔ 09:40h Puerto de Mogán .Bus Stop.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 day or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 4 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 20% if booking is cancelled 9 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 14 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 5% if booking is cancelled 15 days or less before the event
What our customers say about us
You might also like
Caynoning Tour in The Rainforest
available for 5 Oct 2022
Have fun canyoning in Gran Canaria! Join a water adventure and live unique experiences hand in hand with a professional team.
Hiking and Swimming Tour in Gran Canaria
available for 3 Oct 2022
You will get to explore the green side of the island!