A Day On The Ice - Ice Skating Adventure
Duration: 8 hours Medium
Why we love this tour
Experience a day full of adventure on a natural ice around Stockholm!
- Improve your ice skating techniques
- Ice skate either on a small lake, Lake Mälaren (the fifth-largest lake in Europe) or the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s Archipelago
- Spend the day surrounded by breathtaking scenery
- Knowledgeable and experienced English-speaking guides
Before taking you to the best ice in the Stockholm's breathtaking natural surroundings, your knowledgeable guide informs you on the excursion and safety equipment. This trip has a faster pace and emphasizes ice skating for a long distance. Depending on the weather and ice conditions, your group may be able to cover up to 70 kilometers in a single day (on this tour we usually cover around 20 – 70 km, depending on the weather conditions and the pace of the group)
Your guide will gladly provide advice and coaching to help you improve your ice skating skills so that you may progress as a Nordic skater and feel accomplished throughout the day.
The tour lasts approximately 8–9 hours, with approximately 6–7 hours of skating on natural ice in the Stockholm archipelago or on one of Stockholm's large lakes. During the journey, you'll stop for a well-deserved picnic lunch somewhere sheltered and scenic. There's an open fire, as well as our traditional outdoor meal of grilled hotdogs and hot beverages. Hopefully, you'll have some fun bantering and laughing with your new skating mates as well! After lunch, there will be additional time to enjoy the ice with renewed vigor before returning to the city.
The number one priority is to make sure our tours are as safe as possible by choosing the safest and best ice for the day. To ensure this, we provide our customers with very experienced guides and all necessary safety equipment. We will make sure that all gear is put on properly and that you understand how to use it before heading out on your tour.
Need to know before you go
- We meet at 08:00 at our Adventure Café in the city centre.
- This tour is designed for people with previous experience in ice skating. If you are a beginner or need a refresher, take a look at our Introduction to Ice Skating Tour.
- We plan every ice skating tour carefully with our expert local knowledge and the most up-to-date ice reports to ensure we skate on the best natural ice for the day. This means that, depending on the weather conditions, the location of our adventure and the skating conditions may vary. We could go to a small lake, to Lake Mälaren (the fifth-largest lake in Europe) or to the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s archipelago — we won’t know until that day. One thing we do know for sure is it’ll be a great experience!
- The safety equipment you skate with weighs approximately 8 kg
- Minimum age: 18 years old
- Maximum weight: 130 kg
- For this tour, we need to know you shoe size (in eur), height (in cm) and weight (in kg), so please write them in the note when booking.
- If you have any dietary restricitons, please let us know in the note when booking.
What to bring with you:
- Clothes for winter outdoor activities: shell pants, gloves, hat
- Small groups; minimum 2 participants / max. 10 participants per guide
- The transport to the starting point will either be by private minivan or by public transport depending on the size of the group and the ice/weather conditions
- If we do not meet the minimum number required for the tour, we will offer you an alternative date or tour, or a full refund
- When you book, you will receive a list of suggestions on how to dress for the day
There will be no cancellation fee for cancellations up to 24 hours prior to departure. Cancellations within 24 hours of departure are non-refundable.
Bookings with 4 or more participants under the same reference must cancel up to 7 days before departure to be entitled to a full refund. Cancellations for such bookings within 7 days will be non-refundable.
Stockholm Adventures / ICEguide
Kungsbro strand 21, 112 26 Stockholm, Sweden
Provided byStockholm Adventures
Reviews for this provider
26 Aug 2022
Fabulous way to experience Stockholm - easy and fun, my family loved it. Staff friendly and helpful
31 Jul 2022
Great fun and some history thrown in too.
You might also like
Self-Guided Kayak Tours Around Stockholm
available for 27 May 2023
Explore the Venice of the North in your own pace, riding your kayak and following the instructions of the experts!
Stockholm At A Glance 3-Hour Bike Tour
available for 7 Apr 2023
Discover what Stockholm has to offer from architecture to natural beauty, while riding comfortable and lightweight bike perfect for exploring a city!