Intermediate Ice Skating In Stockholm
Duration: 8 hours Easy
Why we love this tour
Try ice-skating in Stockholm and discover the numerous lakes and stunning scenery, which might just make it the best activity that this area has to offer.
- Spend a day on a frozen lake
- Breath taking scenery
- Try / improve Nordic ice skating
- Campfire lunch break (beginner tour only)
- Small and personal groups, averaging 3-6 guests per guide (max 8)
- Swedish fika
Stockholm is not just Sweden's best ice skating destination, but also one of the best in the world! If you've never skated before or are an experienced skater, don't miss out on our amazing skating environment. This day is all about the heart of ice skating: the pleasure of simply stepping out and interacting with yourself and others. At the same time, it's a magnificent natural spectacle: kilometer after kilometer of natural ice, backed by granite cliffs that rise up beyond the horizon. This tour focuses on covering some distance, Nordic skating techniques, and understanding and safety on natural ice. You will spend the day on Stockholm's best ice and in the most gorgeous surroundings. On Mälaren or the Baltic Sea, we plan to skate. Your guide will pick you up in a van and drive you out of the city together. Intermediate and advanced levels are available. Experience with any type of skate (ice, roller blade, inline, etc.) or ski is required.
In the Intermediate tour we concentrate more on ice skating and covering some ground. The most crucial thing is that you can skate at a steady pace. You don't have to be a particularly skilled or quick skater to participate. Any type of skating experience (ice, roller blades, or inline) is required. The degree of activity is sportive. We plan to skate on Mälaren or one of the larger lakes in the area. We may even be able to skate on the Baltic Sea in our world-famous archipelago if the conditions are suitable. Because we know you're here to skate, we focus on ice and weather conditions.
- Meet & greet @ meeting point
- Introduction & briefing
- Gear fitting
- Transfer by minivan
- Reminder / question round
- Start off ice skating!
- Lunch break
- Continue skating & enjoy nature
- Transfer by minivan
- Conclusion & goodbyes!
- Enjoy a well deserved evening of relaxation!
Need to know before you go
- This tour involves physical motion and being in healthy shape is therefore required.
- We will be ice skating on natural ice. If according to our judgement an ice skating cannot be conducted safely, however rarely, we reserve the right to carry out an alternative program instead.
- This tour runs mainly on request. Let us know which date suits you and we will get back to you as soon as possible with a confirmation and add the trip in the calendar.
- Your booking will become valid after we receive your payment and send you a confirmation voucher.
- You can cancel 4 weeks or more in advance with full reimbursement.
- With every other week before the activity starts, you will receive 25% less of your payment. 4th week: 75%, 3rd week: 50%, 2nd week: 25%, 1st week: 0%.
The Urban Basecamp in the heart of Södermalm
Tideliusgatan 62, 118 69 Stockholm
Provided byThe Green Trails
Reviews for this provider
18 Aug 2019
We were so happy with our hike. Ben, our guide, made it really special for us. He's very knowledgeable, he knew wild fruits and plants, mushrooms, and was as excited as we were with the hike! We hike on and off-trail, picked lots of berries on the way, went to a couple of lakes, had lunch around a campfire and had an amazing time. I recommend this to anyone keen on experiencing nature in Sweden.
3 Jul 2019
You might also like
Self Guided Bike Tour in Stockholm
available for 27 May 2022
The best way to explore Stockholm is on two wheels - and you'll try it at your own pace, at your own pick and at your own time!
Cross Country Skiing In Stockholm
available for 12 Nov 2022
Discover the surroundings of Stockholm in a different perspective! Putting one ski before the other, you will glide through the snowy tracks and enjoy the peacefulness of a winter forests.