Beginner Ice Skating In Stockholm
Duration: 7 hours Easy
Why we love this tour
While trying ice-skating and discovering the numerous lakes and stunning scenery, you'll understand why it is the best activity that the Stockholm area has to offer!
- Spend a day on a frozen lake
- Breath taking scenery
- Try / improve Nordic ice skating
- Campfire lunch break (beginner tour only)
- Small and personal groups, averaging 3-6 guests per guide (max 8)
- Swedish fika
You'll pick it up as you go after the first rusty moves in the chilly morning air. You'll be skimming across frozen lakes or even the sea in no time, both as transparent as a glass.
If the ice is fresh, you might be able to see fish swimming beneath it! You will spend the day on the best ice and in the most picturesque settings that Stockholm has to offer while meeting people from all over the world. Your guide will pick you up in a van and drive you out of town to the location where you will pick up your equipment.
To begin, you will be given guidance on proper technique and ice skating equipment. You'll get to work on your technique for the first half of the day (until lunch), either in tandem with the guide or more independently under his watchful eye. We'll return to the ice with newfound vigor, having warmed ourselves over a campfire lunch.
The second half of the day will be spent ice skating as a group. There are numerous places to take a break, have a cup of coffee with cake, or simply take in the beauty of the surroundings. We'll make our way to the car after some more ice skating. We'll return to Stockholm to complete the journey, satisfied with our new experience, increased abilities, new friends, and gorgeous scenery.
Our every ice skating excursion is meticulously planned using the most recent reports, local knowledge, and our own ice scouting. On the beginner tour, we focus on having fun rather than covering distance. You'll learn how to skate Nordic style, take in the surroundings, and have a great day together! Lunch will be served around a campfire.
It is not necessary to have any prior experience. The degree of activity is moderate, we'll skate on one of the numerous smaller lakes, each with a diameter of several kilometers. Natural beauty is almost as crucial as ice conditions when we organize our vacation. We also evaluate the weather (wind direction, etc.) to guarantee that you have the finest possible day. The numerous lakes combined with the stunning winter scenery might just make this the best activity that Stockholm has to offer. Take your chance to try Nordic skating on your visit to the capital and have fun in a beautiful winter setting.
If you feel like you would want to try more challenging experience, check-out our Intermediate Ice-Skating tour.
- Meet & greet at meeting point
- Introduction & briefing
- Gear fitting
- Transfer by minivan
- Instructions (beginner tour)
- Reminder / question round (advanced tour)
- Start off ice skating!
- Lunch break
- Continue skating & enjoy nature
- Transfer by minivan
- Conclusion & goodbyes!
- Enjoy a well deserved evening of relaxation!
Need to know before you go
- This tour involves physical motion and being in healthy shape is therefore required.
- We will be ice skating on natural ice. If according to our judgement an ice skating cannot be conducted safely, however rarely, we reserve the right to carry out an alternative program instead.
- This tour runs mainly on request. Let us know which date suits you and we will get back to you as soon as possible with a confirmation and add the trip in the calendar.
- Your booking will become valid after we receive your payment and send you a confirmation voucher.
- You can cancel 4 weeks or more in advance with full reimbursement.
- With every other week before the activity starts, you will receive 25% less of your payment. 4th week: 75%, 3rd week: 50%, 2nd week: 25%, 1st week: 0%.
The Urban Basecamp in the heart of Södermalm
Tideliusgatan 62, 118 69 Stockholm
Provided byThe Green Trails
Reviews for this provider
18 Aug 2019
We were so happy with our hike. Ben, our guide, made it really special for us. He's very knowledgeable, he knew wild fruits and plants, mushrooms, and was as excited as we were with the hike! We hike on and off-trail, picked lots of berries on the way, went to a couple of lakes, had lunch around a campfire and had an amazing time. I recommend this to anyone keen on experiencing nature in Sweden.
3 Jul 2019
You might also like
Self Guided Bike Tour in Stockholm
available for 10 Aug 2022
The best way to explore Stockholm is on two wheels - and you'll try it at your own pace, at your own pick and at your own time!
Cross Country Skiing In Stockholm
available for 12 Nov 2022
You'll discover the surroundings of Stockholm from a different perspective! Putting one ski before the other, you will glide through the snowy tracks and enjoy the peacefulness of winter forests.