Cross Country Skiing In Stockholm
Duration: 7 hours Easy
Why we love this tour
You'll discover the surroundings of Stockholm from a different perspective! Putting one ski before the other, you will glide through the snowy tracks and enjoy the peacefulness of winter forests.
- Learn or improve your cross country skiing together with your friendly guide
- See Stockholm’s beautiful taiga winter forests
- Ski over snow covered frozen lakes
- A warm campfire lunch
- Chance to see deer while silently gliding through the tracks
- Small, personal groups
In Stockholm, cross-country skiing is a blast. Imagine riding a pair of skis across a snowy wilderness with the winter sun shining on your face. You glide along the icy trails in a smooth pace, putting one ski in front of the other. It's just you, the track, your fellow skiers, and the winter wilderness around you. Cross-country skiing is the essence of Swedishness, and it should not be missed on your active visit to Stockholm!
Winter forest mixed with frozen lakes coated in snow creates a magical and stunning scene. As we glide silently through the forest, we can witness tracks of animals such as deer, moose, and fox. If the natural snow levels aren't quite right, we'll use the forest tracks created by snow cannons, which provide a similar experience. Alternatively, we can go on a cross-country skating trip and spend the entire day on the ice.
- Meet & greet at the meeting point
- Introduction & briefing
- Gear fitting
- Transfer by minivan
- Final preparations, and we're off skiing!
- Instructions & practice on a frozen lake
- Campfire lunch
- Start skiing trail into the forest
- Coffee & cake break
- Continue trail & enjoy winter scenery
- Transfer back to Stockholm
- Goodbye's and enjoy a well deserved evening of relaxation
Need to know before you go
- This tour mostly runs on request. Let us know which date suits you and we will get back to you as soon as possible with a confirmation and add the trip in the calendar!
- This tour involves physical motion and being in healthy shape is therefore required.
- No prior cross country skiing experience is required.
- We aim to ski on natural snow, but if conditions so require we will make use of forest tracks prepared by snow cannons (entrance fee included in the price). If according to our judgement an ice skating trip will give our guests a better experience due to conditions, we reserve the right to carry out a cross country skating trip instead.
- Your booking will become valid after we receive your payment and send you a confirmation voucher.
- You can cancel 4 weeks or more in advance with full reimbursement.
- With every other week before the activity starts, you will receive 25% less of your payment. 4th week: 75%, 3rd week: 50%, 2nd week: 25%, 1st week: 0%.
The Urban Basecamp in the heart of Södermalm
Tideliusgatan 62, 118 69 Stockholm
Provided byGreen Trails
Reviews for this provider
1 Nov 2022
Great service, great bikes, great tour!
18 Aug 2019
We were so happy with our hike. Ben, our guide, made it really special for us. He's very knowledgeable, he knew wild fruits and plants, mushrooms, and was as excited as we were with the hike! We hike on and off-trail, picked lots of berries on the way, went to a couple of lakes, had lunch around a campfire and had an amazing time. I recommend this to anyone keen on experiencing nature in Sweden.
3 Jul 2019
You might also like
Beginner Ice Skating In Stockholm
While trying ice-skating and discovering the numerous lakes and stunning scenery, you'll understand why it is the best activity that the Stockholm area has to offer!
Dry Suit Winter Kayaking
Imagine floating past frozen seas with the sun warming your face, enjoying a hot drink while taking a break - maybe you'll even spot the curious seals poping-up to say hello!