Dry Suit Winter Kayaking
Duration: 7 hours Super Easy
Why we love this tour
Imagine floating past frozen seas with the sun warming your face, enjoying a hot drink while taking a break - maybe you'll even spot the curious seals poping-up to say hello!
- Kayak through winter wonderland
- Stay warm & toasty with our dry suits & winter gear
- See a seals, eagles & other wildlife
- Appreciate the quietness of nature in wintertime
- Learn about winter kayaking
- Small, personal groups
Kayaking in the winter. ”Are you crazy?” We know what you think . But winter kayaking is actually a lot of fun if you have the proper gear!
Learn how to plan, prepare for, and carry out safe winter kayaking adventures. Our drysuits will keep you warm and dry. Imagine drifting through cold oceans while the light warms your face. It's just about being outdoors. All alone. Almost alone, to be precise. Because the archipelago will be sparsely populated, you and your guide will be the only ones cruising through the islands. And, of course, the local wildlife. During the winter, curious seals appear to say hi! We'll make sure to bring plenty of hot beverages so we can take a relaxing rest.
- Meet your guide & group
- Briefing (maps, safety etc)
- Dry suit & gear fitting
- Kayak rundown
- Start kayaking
- Warm lunch & hot fika
- More kayaking!
- Drop off at the meeting point
The answers to some questions you might have:
Is winter kayaking cold?
No, when dressed correctly (we provide detailed info on how to dress beforehand) together with our dry suits, you should not be cold. You might get chilly fingers or toes, but nothing which would be very uncomfortable.
What if I flip during winter kayaking?
Our dry suits do not let in any water. You could even go for a swim without getting wet! Our guides are trained for rescue too so you don't have to worry.
Is kayaking safe during winter?
We would not do this trip if it wasn’t. All activities involve some risk to a certain extent, but winter kayaking does not come with a higher risk than other ‘regular’ activities when well prepared.
I do not have much outdoor clothing. What kind of clothing do I need for winter paddling?
Outdoor specific clothing is best, but winter paddling works even when you don’t have outdoor specific winter clothing as we provide the vitals. For your personal wear, we provide a detailed clothing list with outdoor clothing as well as every-day alternatives.
Do I need prior kayaking experience in order to kayak in the winter?
Not much, but yes. To have kayaked at least once is mandatory for joining. This is to exclude the small chance that you might not have the balance to be in a kayak.
Need to know before you go
- This tour involves physical motion and being in healthy shape is therefore required
- Being able to swim is required
- Prior kayaking experience required (at least some)
- This tour runs mainly on request. Contact us for more information and we will answer with the availability as soon as possible.
- Doesn't our schedule suit you? Send us a message and we'll see what we can do!
- Your booking will become valid after we receive your payment and send you a confirmation voucher.
- You can cancel 4 weeks or more in advance with full reimbursement.
- With every other week before the activity starts, you will receive 25% less of your payment. 4th week: 75%, 3rd week: 50%, 2nd week: 25%, 1st week: 0%.
The Urban Basecamp in the heart of Södermalm
Tideliusgatan 62, 118 69 Stockholm
Provided byThe Green Trails
Reviews for this provider
1 Nov 2022
Great service, great bikes, great tour!
18 Aug 2019
We were so happy with our hike. Ben, our guide, made it really special for us. He's very knowledgeable, he knew wild fruits and plants, mushrooms, and was as excited as we were with the hike! We hike on and off-trail, picked lots of berries on the way, went to a couple of lakes, had lunch around a campfire and had an amazing time. I recommend this to anyone keen on experiencing nature in Sweden.
3 Jul 2019
You might also like
Cross Country Skiing In Stockholm
5 spots available for 4 Jan 2023
You'll discover the surroundings of Stockholm from a different perspective! Putting one ski before the other, you will glide through the snowy tracks and enjoy the peacefulness of winter forests.
Beginner Ice Skating In Stockholm
available for 28 Dec 2022
While trying ice-skating and discovering the numerous lakes and stunning scenery, you'll understand why it is the best activity that the Stockholm area has to offer!