2-Day Canoeing Adventure On Swedish Rivers
Duration: 2 days Easy
Why we love this tour
You'll forget about the city buzz on this two-day peaceful canoeing excursion. It's a great connection of relax and overnight adventure!
- Experience one of Sweden’s most famous canoeing trails
- See boreal forest stretching out far beyond the horizon from a view tower
- Fish for trout during magical sunsets while floating in your canoe
- Enjoy campfire dinner
- Pick blueberries, lingonberries and mushrooms right from the forest
- Go beaver spotting in the evening
- Spend the night in a tent in unspoiled nature
- See birds like woodpeckers and loons in their natural habitat
- Take a swim in unpolluted rivers
- Small, personal groups, knowledgeable guide
During these 2 days, you’ll experience a relaxed canoeing trip with many mini-adventures such as fishing, building and lighting an open fire!
The first morning we will be busy packing our gear and food in dry bags before loading everything in the canoes. When it’s all packed, we’ll paddle gently alongside the shore of the lake.
Canoes are not made to go fast but are very stable and comfy which makes this adventure very child-friendly. After a few hours of paddling on blue-green water we’ll stop and unpack our canoes. Together we’ll pitch the tents and build the fire at a nice wild campsite. The area isn’t populated so no worries of being disturbed.
When only the tree tops are lit by the setting sun, we’ll head out for a beaver safari or a fishing session. Pikes and perches are fairly easy to catch from the shore. After a good night sleep in tents, we’ll start the second day with a nice outdoor breakfast including wild blueberries that we just picked in the undergrowth. For the bravest, a dip in the river will be appreciated. We’ll have time for more side adventures such as hiking an easy path to a viewpoint tower from which you can observe the endless forest and more lakes.
- Pickup at meeting point and drive to the canoes
- Packing and introduction
- Paddling on lakes
- Rest periods, easy hike up to viewpoint and enjoying lunch and snacks
- Setting up camp and building campfire for dinner
- Evening activities such as bathing in the river, fishing, cooking, sunsets…
- Berry picking, breakfast, packing the camp
- Paddling to further lakes and rivers
- Paddlling back to the base
Need to know before you go
- This tour involves physical motion and being in healthy shape is therefore required.
- No prior canoeing experience is required.
- Suitable for young children, age limit 10 years old for scheduled departures, private bookings have no age limit.
- This tour only runs on request. Let us know which date suits you and we will get back to you as soon as possible with a confirmation and add the trip in the calendar.
What to bring with you:
- Clothing during canoeing: you want to have clothing that dries up quickly, so avoid cotton if possible! polyesters and synthetics (often seen in sport specific clothing) will do the job just fine.
- Sporty/outdoor clothes plus a spare set of clothing
- Bathing gears
- Rain poncho is very adapted to canoeing
- Warm sweater even if sunny weather
- Quick drying shoes (running sneakers), sandals, flip-flops or specific water shoes
- If you’re planning on your using phone, a waterproof phone case (alternatively a plastic bag) is a must!
- Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen
- A bottle of wine or beer to enjoy during dinner
- Your booking will become valid after we receive your payment and send you a confirmation voucher.
- You can cancel 4 weeks or more in advance with full reimbursement.
- With every other week before the activity starts, you will receive 25% less of your payment. 4th week: 75%, 3rd week: 50%, 2nd week: 25%, 1st week: 0%.
The Urban Basecamp in the heart of Södermalm
Tideliusgatan 62, 118 69 Stockholm
Provided byGreen Trails
Reviews for this provider
1 Nov 2022
Great service, great bikes, great tour!
18 Aug 2019
We were so happy with our hike. Ben, our guide, made it really special for us. He's very knowledgeable, he knew wild fruits and plants, mushrooms, and was as excited as we were with the hike! We hike on and off-trail, picked lots of berries on the way, went to a couple of lakes, had lunch around a campfire and had an amazing time. I recommend this to anyone keen on experiencing nature in Sweden.
3 Jul 2019
You might also like
Cross Country Skiing In Stockholm
You'll discover the surroundings of Stockholm from a different perspective! Putting one ski before the other, you will glide through the snowy tracks and enjoy the peacefulness of winter forests.
Beginner Ice Skating In Stockholm
While trying ice-skating and discovering the numerous lakes and stunning scenery, you'll understand why it is the best activity that the Stockholm area has to offer!