1-Day Canoeing Adventure On Swedish Lakes
Duration: 8 hours Super Easy
Why we love this tour
You'll forget about the city buzz and enjoy a peaceful canoeing excursion in amazing nature!
- Experience one of Sweden’s most famous canoeing trails
- See boreal forest stretching out far beyond the horizon from a view tower
- Pick blueberries, lingonberries and mushrooms right from the forest
- See birds like woodpeckers and loons in their natural habitat
- Take a swim in unpolluted rivers
- Small, personal groups, knowledgeable guide
As you’ve understood from looking at the pictures and reading the highlights, on this tour you will experience a relaxed canoeing trip with many mini-adventures!
In the morning we will be busy packing our gears and food in dry bags before loading everything in the canoes. When it’s all packed, we’ll paddle gently alongside the shore of the lake. Canoes are not made to go fast but are very stable and comfy which makes this adventure very children-friendly.
After a few hours of paddling on blue-green water, we’ll stop and unpack our canoes. For the bravest, a dip in the river will be appreciated! We’ll have time for more side adventures such as hiking an easy path to a viewpoint tower from which you can observe the endless forest and explore more lakes than from the canoe!
- Pickup at meeting point and drive to the canoes
- Packing and introduction
- Lake paddling
- Rest periods, easy hike up to viewpoint and enjoy lunch and snacks
- Return to starting point
Need to know before you go
- This tour involves physical motion and being in healthy shape is therefore required.
- No prior canoeing experience is required.
- Suitable for young children, age limit 10 years old for scheduled departures, private bookings have no age limit.
- This tour only runs on request. Let us know which date suits you and we will get back to you as soon as possible with a confirmation and add the trip in the calendar.
What to bring with you:
- You want to have clothing that dries up quickly, so avoid cotton if possible! polyesters and synthetics (often seen in sport specific clothing) will do the job just fine.
- Bathing gears
- Rain poncho is very adapted to canoeing
- Warm sweater even if sunny weather
- Quick drying shoes (running sneakers), sandals, flip-flops or specific water shoes
- If you’re planning on your using phone, a waterproof phone case (alternatively a plastic bag) is a must!
- Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen
- Your booking will become valid after we receive your payment and send you a confirmation voucher.
- You can cancel 4 weeks or more in advance with full reimbursement.
- With every other week before the activity starts, you will receive 25% less of your payment. 4th week: 75%, 3rd week: 50%, 2nd week: 25%, 1st week: 0%.
The Urban Basecamp in the heart of Södermalm
Tideliusgatan 62, 118 69 Stockholm
Provided byThe Green Trails
Reviews for this provider
18 Aug 2019
We were so happy with our hike. Ben, our guide, made it really special for us. He's very knowledgeable, he knew wild fruits and plants, mushrooms, and was as excited as we were with the hike! We hike on and off-trail, picked lots of berries on the way, went to a couple of lakes, had lunch around a campfire and had an amazing time. I recommend this to anyone keen on experiencing nature in Sweden.
3 Jul 2019
You might also like
Self Guided Bike Tour in Stockholm
available for 28 Sep 2022
The best way to explore Stockholm is on two wheels - and you'll try it at your own pace, at your own pick and at your own time!
Cross Country Skiing In Stockholm
available for 12 Nov 2022
You'll discover the surroundings of Stockholm from a different perspective! Putting one ski before the other, you will glide through the snowy tracks and enjoy the peacefulness of winter forests.