Self Guided Bike Tour in Stockholm
Duration: 3 hours Easy
Why we love this tour
The best way to explore Stockholm is on two wheels - and you'll try it at your own pace, at your own pick and at your own time!
- Fresh selection of bikes from 2020
- Freedom of exploring at your own pace
- Inside tips by local Stockholm ‘ers
- Visit the city’s best coffee joints
- Beautiful nature a stone’s throw from town
- Best secret viewpoints of the city
- Hidden hangout spots of Södermalm
- Easier alternative on every route
Why coming up with a GPS bike tours? We want you to enjoy the city tour without the pressure of an yellow-vested guide, without to possibility to stop at place you just discovered and want to explore or the ability to ride at your own pace!
The best way to explore Stockholm is on two wheels. At your own pace. At your own pick. At your own time. Don’t expect our bike guides to tell you in which year the house of parliament was constructed. We wouldn’t know! What we do know is that’s not what you come for anyways. You came to find Södermalm’s best freshly brewed cappuccino. The place where local lovers go to watch the sunset. The best parks for a bbq with friends. We will show you Stockholm where real life goes on. The spots which we love, in the city that we love.
There are several options for you to pick:
Beating Heart of Stockholm (5 - 15km)
- This bike tour is all about hitting the must-sees of the city, as well as a few extras, without getting lost in the tourist route. Rather than focusing on the standard info, we provide some fun inside stories. Great for first time visitors. Good photo opportunity.
The staff's picks of Södermalm (6-14 km)
- This trip is defined by bohemian hang outs, viewpoints and great gastronomy. Södermalm is considered to be the more liberal, arty, and hip heart of Stockholm. No years mentioned, promise!
Green Havens of the Capital (10-16 km)
- Parks, parks and right, parks. The Green Havens bike tour covers the best 'Urban Nature' to be found in Stockholm. The best spots to hang out, kick back and be amazed about how green a capital can really be.
Nature Reserve and Lakes (18-20 km)
- Need your fill of nature? We'd recommend our guided day trips. But if you're time is short, this bike tour will lead you to some beautiful nature reserves, not more than a stone's throw from Stockholm.
(When booking, you do not have to book a specific tour. Simply book the 'GPS Self Guided Bike Tour' and we will give you access to the correct tour on site.)
Need to know before you go
We use a variety of models to suit your needs. We have comfortable, upright city bikes (6 gears), as well as more sportive hybrids (8 gears).
The Urban Basecamp in the heart of Södermalm
Tideliusgatan 62, 118 69 Stockholm
Provided byThe Green Trails
Reviews for this provider
18 Aug 2019
We were so happy with our hike. Ben, our guide, made it really special for us. He's very knowledgeable, he knew wild fruits and plants, mushrooms, and was as excited as we were with the hike! We hike on and off-trail, picked lots of berries on the way, went to a couple of lakes, had lunch around a campfire and had an amazing time. I recommend this to anyone keen on experiencing nature in Sweden.
3 Jul 2019
You might also like
Cross Country Skiing In Stockholm
available for 12 Nov 2022
You'll discover the surroundings of Stockholm from a different perspective! Putting one ski before the other, you will glide through the snowy tracks and enjoy the peacefulness of winter forests.
2-Day Canoeing Adventure On Swedish Rivers
You'll forget about the city buzz on this two-day peaceful canoeing excursion. It's a great connection of relax and overnight adventure!