3-Day Sailing Trip Through Archipelago In Stockholm
Duration: 3 days Super Easy
Why we love this tour
You'll sail, swim, fish, eat and fall asleep to the gentle rocking of the boat - simply the best way to explore Stockholm's archipelago and relax at the same time!
- Sail the world renown Stockholm’s Archipelago for 3 days
- Enjoy never-ending sunsets while having traditional dinner
- Learn or improve your sailing skills with your skipper
- Sleep in the boat moored on a Swedish summer paradise
- Dare a morning swim in the refreshing Baltic Sea
- Enjoy some serious relaxation on sun-warmed granite rocks
To sail Stockholm ‘s archipelago is truly amazing! During our three day trip we have enough time to get to pristine areas where we can’t get on our one-day trips.
Imagine: just you, your friends / family and an unlimited amount of islands to choose from to take your afternoon nap. Sail, swim, fish, eat and relax. Fall asleep to the gentle rocking of the boat. Or if you prefer, we can arrange for a hotel night in one of the charming archipelago hotels.
An example of a day on a boat:
You'll be picked up by your skipper and taken to the marina, where our sailboat will be waiting for us. We'll begin with a brief overview of the boat, sailing, and basic safety guidelines. We won't waste any time, and we'll be soon speeding out of the harbor.
We'll hoist the sails together not long after, and the wind will lead us to fairy tale islands. The captain even lets you or your children steer the boat under his supervision, they won't forget that any time soon! We'll make our first halt at one of the islands, most likely the famed Ornö, by tacking up against the winds.
We'll anchor at a harbor that is protected from the breeze and take some well-deserved rest. You can go swimming, sunbathing, or exploring the island. We'll set sail again, reluctant to leave this haven of pleasure. However, our reservations are quickly forgotten as we catch a smooth but strong wind from behind, which whisks us right to our "night" island.
After a lovely traditional dinner, we'll create a bonfire and cook some marshmallows. While your captain camps on the island, you'll spend the night aboard the boat! It'll be a magical and comfortable evening. The next morning, you'll wake up to the sound of birds and little waves crashing on the rocks. It's breakfast time! We'll continue our exploration of the archipelago and the islands will become even more lovely. In the afternoon, let's attempt catching some fish!
Then the captain will take you back to the marina, but this sailing trip in the Stockholm archipelago will stay with you forever.
This is an example trip. Your captain customizes the day according to the weather conditions.
- Pickup & transport to the boat by your skipper
- Sailing & safety introduction + handing out gear
- Set out on the trip
- Steer the boat, adjust the sails - learn hands on from your captain!
- Lunch / swim / hike / relax break on remote island
- Continue sailing to the island where we'll spend the night
- Sunset dinner on the boat
- Perhaps a glass of wine?
- Let the waves gently rock you to sleep - spend the night on the boat!
- Rise & shine for scrambled eggs & more
- Maneuver out of the harbor and deeper into the archipelago . . .
- Try different sailing techniques if you are keen - feeling lazy? Hang back and enjoy the sun!
- Lunch in a 'nature harbor'
- Set sail towards one of the charming archipelago towns
- Explore the island, enjoy the sound of the water & birds or meet the locals
- Enjoy sauna, dinner & maybe a beer in the local harbor pub?
- Another night on the boat - you're getting the hang of this!
- Breakfast in the boat
- Prep the boat for the last part of the voyage
- We set sail to our starting point - coming from a different direction with varying scenery
- Today's lunch is your last visit to one of many beautiful bays with clear water
- Sailing onto the starting point where we conclude the trip
- Transfer back to Stockholm where we say our goodbyes
Need to know before you go
- This tour mainly runs on request. Can't find a date in our calendar? Contact us and we'll get back to you as soon as possible with a confirmation!
- You'll spend the night in the boat which has 1 double berth and 3 singles. The skipper will pitch his tent on the island.
- We sail a 30 foot boat.
- Maximum guests per trip is 4 adults (or 5 if kids in the group). Larger group? No problem, contact us some time in advance so we can prepare the big sailing boat.
- Minimum numbers apply. We will contact you some weeks in advance in case of cancellation, however rarely, due to lack of participants. If you have a specific confirmation deadline let us know in advance.
- Your booking will become valid after we receive your payment and send you a confirmation voucher.
- You can cancel 4 weeks or more in advance with full reimbursement.
- With every other week before the activity starts, you will receive 25% less of your payment. 4th week: 75%, 3rd week: 50%, 2nd week: 25%, 1st week: 0%.
The Urban Basecamp in the heart of Södermalm
Tideliusgatan 62, 118 69 Stockholm
Provided byGreen Trails
Reviews for this provider
1 Nov 2022
Great service, great bikes, great tour!
18 Aug 2019
We were so happy with our hike. Ben, our guide, made it really special for us. He's very knowledgeable, he knew wild fruits and plants, mushrooms, and was as excited as we were with the hike! We hike on and off-trail, picked lots of berries on the way, went to a couple of lakes, had lunch around a campfire and had an amazing time. I recommend this to anyone keen on experiencing nature in Sweden.
3 Jul 2019
You might also like
Cross Country Skiing In Stockholm
5 spots available for 8 Feb 2023
You'll discover the surroundings of Stockholm from a different perspective! Putting one ski before the other, you will glide through the snowy tracks and enjoy the peacefulness of winter forests.
Beginner Ice Skating In Stockholm
available for 7 Feb 2023
While trying ice-skating and discovering the numerous lakes and stunning scenery, you'll understand why it is the best activity that the Stockholm area has to offer!