3-Day Kayak Adventure From Stockholm
Duration: 2 days 4 hours Easy
Why we love this tour
You'll be spending three days on a kayaking adventure, observing the archipelago wildlife and exploring the wonderful Swedish nature!
- Immerse yourself in Stockholm’s archipelago for 3 nights
- Set your own itinerary together with your guide & choose your own camping spots
- Spend the night(s) sleeping under the stars on your own little island
- Enjoy meals in nature trying different outdoor cooking techniques
- Beautiful sunsets & sunrises
- Improve your kayaking skills, maybe even learn an Eskimo roll!
- Enjoy a refreshing dip in the Baltic Sea
- Campfire story telling
Join this amazing kayak adventure!
After going through all of the gear, maps and techniques, we'll set out on our multiple day kayak tour. To get the feel of it, we'll start in a safe harbor, paddling between two cliffs to avoid the headwind and waves. We'll stay near the water's edge for a while, and then will be time for a lunch.
We'll be able to see many of the islands we will visit in the coming days after a short hike to a lookout. We'll keep paddling and making our way towards the island clusters and perhaps even see some swimming deer! We'll set our camp in the late afternoon/early evening and enjoy the rhythmic sound of the sea, birds, and the silence. We'll share a campfire supper that we cooked together. We'll be about to tell stories later, but not before getting back in the kayaks to watch the sunset from the water!
On the next day, get ready for another exciting adventure! After a healthy breakfast, we will eagerly set out once again. We'll arrive at yet another group of islands after crossing a short stretch of open sea. The never-ending changes in the surroundings never seem to get old. We'll come across swans, white-tailed eagles, and other interesting birds along the road.
The 3-day trip means that we spend the 2nd day completely outdoors, something you won't experience on the 2-day trip: no transfers, meeting points, restaurant meals or hotels. Instead we'll wake up & go to sleep by the sound of the sea. We can paddle out further to visit wilder islands, more rugged islands. We'll enjoy all of our meals in nature using different outdoor cooking techniques. Of course, we won't paddle the same way back but explore new areas instead, returning to the starting point from a different direction. Once we've unpacked our belongings we'll drop you off in Stockholm, and leave you with memories for a lifetime.
- Meet & greet
- Briefing, questions
- Packing & adjusting kayaks
- Paddle in calmer waters on day 1
- Break, hike up to viewpoint and enjoy lunch
- Make camp on an island
- Outdoor cooking & campfire dinner
- Short paddle trip to watch sunset from the water
- Spend the night in tent - skip the flysheet on a clear night if you wish to gaze at the stars while you doze away!
- Morning swim will surely wake you up!
- Healthy & tasty breakfast
- Paddle & visit varying islands
- Lunch break on island with beach
- Make camp, chill in the hammock, enjoy the sound of the water & birds
- Explore island by foot
- BBQ dinner
- Perhaps some fishing?!
- Another night under the stars
- Wake up for the last day of the trip
- Cliff diving?!
- Paddling past bird breeding grounds
- Further out our chance of seeing seals is increased
- Lunch time!
- Continue paddling - we will reach the starting point from another direction
- Unpack kayaks, conclusion of trip
- We drop you off in Stockholm - safe & sound
Need to know before you go
- This kayak tour involves physical motion for several days and being in healthy shape is therefore required.
- Prior kayak experience is beneficial, not a must
- Not suitable for neither children below 12 when sharing a double with an adult supervisor or below 16 using a single kayak on a scheduled departure. For a private booking there is no age limit.
- Minimum numbers apply. We will contact you some weeks in advance in case of cancellation, however rarely, due to lack of participants. If you have a specific confirmation deadline let us know in advance.
- This tour mainly runs on request. Can't find a date in our calendar? Contact us and we'll get back to you as soon as possible with a confirmation!
- Doesn't our schedule suit you? Send us a message and we'll see what we can do!
Your booking will become valid after we receive your payment and send you a confirmation voucher.
You can cancel 4 weeks or more in advance with full reimbursement.
With every other week before the activity starts, you will receive 25% less of your payment. 4th week: 75%, 3rd week: 50%, 2nd week: 25%, 1st week: 0%.
- Your booking will become valid after we receive your payment and send you a confirmation voucher.
- You can cancel 4 weeks or more in advance with full reimbursement.
- With every other week before the activity starts, you will receive 25% less of your payment. 4th week: 75%, 3rd week: 50%, 2nd week: 25%, 1st week: 0%.
The Urban Basecamp in the heart of Södermalm
Tideliusgatan 62, 118 69 Stockholm
Provided byGreen Trails
Reviews for this provider
1 Nov 2022
Great service, great bikes, great tour!
18 Aug 2019
We were so happy with our hike. Ben, our guide, made it really special for us. He's very knowledgeable, he knew wild fruits and plants, mushrooms, and was as excited as we were with the hike! We hike on and off-trail, picked lots of berries on the way, went to a couple of lakes, had lunch around a campfire and had an amazing time. I recommend this to anyone keen on experiencing nature in Sweden.
3 Jul 2019
You might also like
Cross Country Skiing In Stockholm
You'll discover the surroundings of Stockholm from a different perspective! Putting one ski before the other, you will glide through the snowy tracks and enjoy the peacefulness of winter forests.
Beginner Ice Skating In Stockholm
While trying ice-skating and discovering the numerous lakes and stunning scenery, you'll understand why it is the best activity that the Stockholm area has to offer!