2-Day Kayak Adventure From Stockholm
Duration: 2 days Easy
Why we love this tour
Spending two whole days in this fairy tale world filled with majestic natural beauty, bird life and adventure is an experience you are not likely to forget!
- Immerse yourself in Stockholm’s archipelago for 2 nights
- Set your own itinerary together with your guide & choose your own camping spots
- Spend the night(s) sleeping under the stars on your own little island
- Enjoy meals in nature trying different outdoor cooking techniques
- Beautiful sunsets & sunrises
- Improve your kayaking skills, maybe even learn an Eskimo roll!
- Enjoy a refreshing dip in the Baltic Sea
- Campfire story telling
Join this amazing kayak adventure!
After going through all of the gear, maps and techniques, we'll set out on our multiple day kayak tour. To get the feel of it, we'll start in a safe harbor, paddling between two cliffs to avoid the headwind and waves. We'll stay near the water's edge for a while, and then it will be time for a lunch.
You'll be able to see many of the islands we will visit in the coming days after a short hike to a lookout. We'll keep paddling and making our way towards the island clusters and pheraps even see some swimming deer! We'll set our camp in the late afternoon/early evening and enjoy the rhythmic sound of the sea, birds, and the silence. We'll share a campfire supper that we cooked together and tell stories later, but not before getting back in the kayaks to watch the sunset from the water!
On the next day, get ready for another exciting adventure! After a healthy breakfast we will eagerly set out once again. We'll arrive at yet another group of islands after crossing a short stretch of open sea.
The never-ending changes in the surroundings never seem to get old. We'll come across swans, white-tailed eagles, and other interesting birds along the road. Of course, we won't paddle back in the same route; instead, we'll explore other locations before returning to the starting point. We'll drop you off in Stockholm once we've unpacked our bags, leaving you with lifelong memories.
- Meet & greet
- Briefing, questions
- Packing & adjusting kayaks
- Paddle in calmer waters on day 1
- Break, hike up to viewpoint and enjoy lunch
- Make camp on an island
- Together we enjoy outdoor cooking & campfire dinner
- Short paddle trip to watch sunset from the water
- Spend the night in tent - skip the flysheet on a clear night if you wish to gaze at the stars while you doze away!
- Morning swim will surely wake you up!
- Healthy & tasty breakfast
- Paddle & visit varying islands
- Lunch break on island with beach
- Paddle towards starting point
- Unpack kayaks, conclusion of trip
- Transfer back to Stockholm
Need to know before you go
- This kayak tour involves physical motion and being in healthy shape is therefore required.
- Prior kayak experience is beneficial, not a must.
- Not suitable for neither children below 12 when sharing a double with an adult supervisor or below 16 using a single kayak on a scheduled departure. For a private booking there is no age limit.
- Minimum numbers apply. We will contact you some weeks in advance in case of cancellation, however rarely, due to lack of participants. If you have a specific confirmation deadline let us know in advance.
- This tour mainly runs on request. Can't find a date in our calendar? Contact us and we'll get back to you as soon as possible with a confirmation!
- Doesn't our schedule suit you? Send us a message and we'll see what we can do!
- Your booking will become valid after we receive your payment and send you a confirmation voucher.
- You can cancel 4 weeks or more in advance with full reimbursement.
- With every other week before the activity starts, you will receive 25% less of your payment. 4th week: 75%, 3rd week: 50%, 2nd week: 25%, 1st week: 0%.
The Urban Basecamp in the heart of Södermalm
Tideliusgatan 62, 118 69 Stockholm
Provided byThe Green Trails
Reviews for this provider
18 Aug 2019
We were so happy with our hike. Ben, our guide, made it really special for us. He's very knowledgeable, he knew wild fruits and plants, mushrooms, and was as excited as we were with the hike! We hike on and off-trail, picked lots of berries on the way, went to a couple of lakes, had lunch around a campfire and had an amazing time. I recommend this to anyone keen on experiencing nature in Sweden.
3 Jul 2019
You might also like
Self Guided Bike Tour in Stockholm
available for 21 May 2022
The best way to explore Stockholm is on two wheels - and you'll try it at your own pace, at your own pick and at your own time!
Cross Country Skiing In Stockholm
available for 12 Nov 2022
Discover the surroundings of Stockholm in a different perspective! Putting one ski before the other, you will glide through the snowy tracks and enjoy the peacefulness of a winter forests.