Winter Wonderland Hike In A National Park Near Helsinki
Duration: 7 hours Super Easy
Why we love this tour
You'll follow the tracks of red foxes, mountain hares and moose and enjoy a beautiful hike in the Finnish nature!
- Experience genuine silence only found in a winter forest
- Very few visitors during winter season which means true solitude
- Finnish-style lunch inside a Winter Kota (traditional Finnish hut)
- Feel the calming effect of the forest in the winter
Our winter wonderland hike is ideal for anyone wanting to get away from everything!
We'll take you on a journey through Finland's woodlands, providing a high-quality guided experience, a cooked lunch, and coffee by the fire, all served within a Finnish Kota (wilderness hut). During these cold months, it may appear as if the forest is sleeping, but with caution, you can see animal trails such as red fox, mountain hare, and moose.
Your group will begin the walk through the woodland on Liesjärvi's swaying winter pathways after we arrive at Liesjärvi National Park. Your guide will be able to tell you everything you need to know about the forest and wildlife in Finland. The small group size allows your guide to respond to individual inquiries and requests, providing an intimate experience in nature.
We'll arrive to a lovely forest lodge after an hour of walking and we'll be warmed by our campfire. There will be plenty of time to snap photos, explore, throw snowballs, speak, and enjoy the tranquillity of Finland's Taiga forest while your guide builds the fire and begins to prepare a traditional Finnish-style meal and campfire coffee.
We'll continue exploring the splendor of Liesjärvi after lunch, among the towering snow-covered spruces. The group will return to the starting place after roughly an hour of walking, feeling refreshed and energized by this beautiful experience in nature.
On this day trip we spend approximately 4.5 hours within the national park. With transportation the total length of this nature tour is 7 hours.
Need to know before you go
What to bring with you:
- Insulated footwear
- Warm clothing suitable for the weather
- Water bottle
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not stroller accessible
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 7 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 14 days or less before the event
Mannerheiminaukio 1, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
Provided byTaiga Times
What our customers say about us
You might also like
Traditional Finnish Smoke Sauna In Helsinki
available for 11 Aug 2022
You'll try a traditional local activity and relax in a sauna right next to a beautiful lake!
2-Night Camping In The Finnish Wilderness
available for 30 Aug 2022
You'll explore the stunning hills and valleys of Isojärvi national park!