Winter Archipelago Hike
Duration: 4.5 hours Easy
Why we love this tour
You'll experience the magic of the taiga forest and the frozen sea!
- A magnificent nature reserve
- Fantastic photo opportunities along the coast
- An easy and rewarding walk for all levels of fitness
- Finnish snacks and coffee/tea with seaside view
Following the archipelago's frozen woodland pathways, we'll pass by gnarled pines and tall spruces on our way to the stunningly lonely and chilly Baltic Sea.
While your guide builds a fire in a nearby wilderness shelter and prepares a hot meal, you are free to explore the area, snap photos, and find your own tranquility in nature.
This half-day journey in the archipelago, surrounded by natural treasures and winter vistas, will renew your enthusiasm for the great outdoors. Join us to see a different side of Finland, the calm side of nature. A stroll through this nature reserve demonstrates why Finland is one of the top year-round outdoor attractions and why Finns value their peace and quiet.
Porkkalanniemi, a picturesque peninsula that spreads out into the heart of one of the world's largest archipelagos, is the destination of this day excursion from Helsinki. Our adventure begins on a walk with numerous smaller trails created by deer, foxes, moose, and other wildlife.
Need to know before you go
What to bring with you:
- Warm walking shoes/boots
- Clothing suitable for the weather
- Water bottle
The starting point for our excursion will be in Helsinki central unless agreed otherwise.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 7 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 14 days or less before the event
Provided byTaiga Times
Reviews for this provider
30 Oct 2022
You might also like
Winter Wonderland Hike in a National Park near Helsinki
You'll follow the tracks of red foxes, mountain hares and moose and enjoy a beautiful hike in the Finnish nature!
National Park Hike and Traditional Sauna in Helsinki
Experience the relaxing and refreshing effects of the taiga forest on this day hike in Sipoonkorpi national park. You'll try a traditional local activity and relax in a sauna right next to a beautiful lake!