Archipelago Hike in Porkkala Nature Reserve
Duration: 4.5 hours Easy
Why we love this tour
You'll experience the wild archipelago where the forest meets the sea while exploring the natural reserve!
- A magnificent nature reserve of diverse habitats
- Fantastic photo opportunities along the coast
- An easy and rewarding walk for all levels of fitness
- Finnish snacks and coffee/tea with seaside view
Our excursion track takes us to the ruins of an ancient Nordic bronze-age burial cairn, through a variety of landscapes, and finally to the open sea!
The second half of our walk will take us along the magnificent shore, with rolling rocks and a fantastic spot for a break overlooking the Baltic Sea. While you are free to take in the beautiful scenery and find your peace in nature, your guide will make coffee/tea and some Finnish delicacies for you to enjoy.
In Porkkala, each season is special, and spotting wildlife is a common occurrence in the nature reserve. During migration seasons (spring and fall), large flocks of birds can be seen covering the sky as they travel. It's a sight to behold and it is a highly regarded bird watching area with magnificent views of the archipelago.
We believe that nature has the ability to heal. This half-day in the archipelago, surrounded by natural treasures and highly diverse habitats, will renew your enthusiasm for the great outdoors. It provides a great getaway from the city for a few hours leaving you with your fill of nature.
Need to know before you go
What to bring with you:
- Walking shoes
- Clothing suitable for the weather
- Water bottle
The starting point for our excursion will be in Helsinki central unless agreed otherwise.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 7 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 14 days or less before the event
Provided byTaiga Times
Reviews for this provider
30 Oct 2022
You might also like
Winter Archipelago Hike
You'll experience the magic of the taiga forest and the frozen sea!
Winter Wonderland Hike in a National Park near Helsinki
You'll follow the tracks of red foxes, mountain hares and moose and enjoy a beautiful hike in the Finnish nature!