Mushroom Hunting in Helsinki
Duration: 7 hours Super Easy
Why we love this tour
You'll learn all about the edible local species of mushrooms while looking for them in a Liesjärvi National Park!
- Learn how to identify specific edible mushrooms
- Help prepare and cook your wild fungi finds
- Enjoy a Finnish-style lunch and coffee by the campfire
- Take a nice stroll through the forests of a national park
This guided foraging tour takes us into the forest and into the beautiful world of mushrooms, departing from Helsinki!
The forests in Finnland are adorned with bright oranges, golden yellows, and deep reds. The chanterelle, Finland's most delectable and prized edible mushroom, is what we're looking for. The act of looking for wild food has a profound impact on people's perceptions of the natural environment.
Liesjärvi National Park is a forager's paradise from late summer to late October. Our party will be looking for penny buns and trumpet chanterelles in addition to the golden chanterelle. These three prized woodland fungi are excellent entry-level options for piqueing your interest in mushroom hunting.
It is, however, a hunt, as the name implies! We don't always find what we're looking for, and while most mushrooms are innocuous, there are a few that are dangerous. But don't worry; your guide will appropriately advise and direct you to edible mushrooms, as well as be present to explain what you've discovered.
We'll fry them over the campfire for lunch if we collect enough! Fortunately for us, even if no edible mushrooms are found, we will have plenty to scavenge and discuss!
After lunch, the group will continue to explore Liesjärvi's natural splendor before returning to the starting location. We'll leave you off in the heart of Helsinki, revived by this fantastic journey.
Need to know before you go
What to bring with you:
- Walking shoes
- Clothing suitable for the weather
- Water bottle
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not stroller accessible
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 7 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 14 days or less before the event
Helsinki City Center
Provided byTaiga Times
Reviews for this tour
30 Oct 2022
You might also like
Winter Archipelago Hike
You'll experience the magic of the taiga forest and the frozen sea!
Winter Wonderland Hike in a National Park near Helsinki
You'll follow the tracks of red foxes, mountain hares and moose and enjoy a beautiful hike in the Finnish nature!