Reindeer Sledding and Overnight Experience in Lavvo
Duration: 17 hours Easy
Why we love this tour
You'll spend the night sleeping under the dancing northern lights in your own traditional lavvo tent and enjoy reindeer sledding through the Arctic nature!
- Try to live like a Sami for one night
- Irreplaceable connection with nature
- Reindeer sledding ride into the wilderness
- Feeding a herd of 300 reindeer
- Chance to see the northern lights
This cultural trip includes 30 minutes of reindeer sledding, followed by reindeer feeding in a herd of 300 reindeer, before enjoying a hot supper served in our lavvo while listening to stories about Saami culture and history.
There is very little artificial lighting at this location, which makes it ideal for searching for the northern lights. Stay in a traditional Saami tent, known as lavvo, and sleep on reindeer hides in winter-insulated sleeping bags instead of returning to the city center, where you might miss a late night dance of the aurora.
You can truly enjoy the splendors of the night sky because you are placed far from the city's bright lights.
On your overnight journey, allow yourself to become connected with nature and recharge your mind and soul.
The next day, after breakfast, you will be transferred back to the city (around 10:00 a.m.), and you will return to the hotel at 11:00 a.m.
Need to know before you go
What to bring:
- Warm clothes, especially hat and mittens
- Woolen- /thermal underwear
- All animals used for these services are trained for the activity, however, the behavior of animals can be unpredictable and therefore it is essential that all participants follow all given instructions for their safety, and the safety of others.
- If conditions change, we keep the right to amend the duration of the reindeer sledding.
- The sledding takes place as a "raid" where each reindeer and sled are bound together in a long row with the lead reindeer in the front.
- Sleds are shared, two participants on one sled.
- Not suitable for wheel-chair.
Minimum participants: 2 persons (if not fullfilled, booking can be cancelled by Tromsø Lapland)
Meeting time: 17:45
Photo author: Erica White, Katrine Reiersen
No refund will be provided for cancellations made less than 3 days (72 hours) prior to departure of your tour.
Radisson Blu Hotel, 17:45
Sjøgata 7, 9259 Tromsø, Norsko
Provided byTromsø Lapland
What our customers say about us
You might also like
Reindeer Feeding and Sámi Experience
available for 1 Nov 2022
You'll enjoy the untouched Arctic nature around you while feeding wonderful, fluffy creatures - reindeer!
Reindeer Feeding Under Aurora
available for 1 Nov 2022
You'll enjoy the connection with these magical creatures and increase your chances of spotting Aurora!