Reindeer Sledding Ride to Northern Lights
Duration: 5 hours Easy
Why we love this tour
You'll try reindeer sledding, the oldest form of transportation in the North, with the northern lights dancing right over your head!
- Peaceful ride through the Arctic nature
- Reindeer sledding experience
- High chance of spoting the aurora
- Saami story-telling and a traditional meal
Crackling snow and clear night-time sky covered with green waves from the Northern Lights - this genuine winter adventure is what you'll enjoy in this tour!
Relax on a sled softly towed by reindeer while taking in the peace and quiet of the nature. Imagine sitting on a sled behind a fluffy reindeer and witnessing the Aurora dance above you!
The northern lights, according to the Saami people, have a sound. Sit quietly and listen; perhaps you can hear it as well! Natural wonders can be foreseen, but they are never guaranteed. Because there is no urban light pollution, you can fully appreciate the beauty of the night sky.
After the sledding excursion, you can visit the reindeer enclosure and help to feed a herd of 300 reindeer.
Following that, you can enjoy in a typical warm Saami supper, view and learn about Saami artifacts, and listen to fascinating stories. Authentic Saami people with extensive reindeer-herding traditions founded and run the camp. We hope that by participating in our evening expedition, you will be enchanted by the amazing reindeer and discover that you, too, adore our kind yet curious creatures - our true Arctic heros.
Need to know before you go
What to bring
- Warm clothes, especially hat and mittens
- If conditions change, we keep the right to amend the duration of the reindeer sledding.
- All animals used for these services are trained for the activity, however, the behavior of animals can be unpredictable and therefore it is essential that all participants follow all given instructions for their safety, and the safety of others.
- The sledding takes place as a "raid" where each reindeer and sled are bound together in a long row with the lead reindeer in the front.
- Sleds are shared, two participants on one sled.
- Alternative: The Reindeer Sledding is subject to snow and when there is not enough snow we offer Reindeer Feeding and Sami Culture instead (NOK 1095 per person)
- Not suitable for wheel-chair.
The pick-up time: 17:50 (5.50pm)
Photo author: Kadhi Natasha Cole
No refund will be provided for cancellations made less than 3 days (72 hours) prior to departure of your tour.
Radisson Blu Hotel, 17:50 (5.50pm)
Sjøgata 7, 9259 Tromsø, Norsko
Provided byTromsø Lapland
What our customers say about us
You might also like
Reindeer Feeding and Sámi Experience
available for 1 Nov 2022
You'll enjoy the untouched Arctic nature around you while feeding wonderful, fluffy creatures - reindeer!
Reindeer Feeding Under Aurora
available for 1 Nov 2022
You'll enjoy the connection with these magical creatures and increase your chances of spotting Aurora!