Roadtrip to Arctic Fjords
Duration: 6 hours Super Easy
Why we love this tour
You'll discover Arctic wildlife and magnificent views in a tour from Tromsø!
- Various wildlife species to see from elks to humpback whales
- Some of the most beautiful natural wonders of Tromsø
- Arctic fjords
- Nice photos taken by us
- Lunch with hot drinks
Northern Norway's nature offers beautiful sights that will leave you stunned - lush green landscapes in summer, colorful trees and sunsets in autumn and snow-capped mountains and frozen beaches in winter.
We'll pick you up from your hotel and drive to Kvalya ("Whale Island"), where we'll see some of the most magnificent sights that make Troms one of Norway's most famous tourist destinations. Reindeers and elks frequently cross the road, and we occasionally see sea eagles and seals searching for salmons.
From mid October to late January, whales visit Tromsø’s surroundings to feed on herrings. There's a chance we'll see humpback whales and orcas from the coast during that time. Around a campfire, we'll eat a small meal and have hot drinks. We will snap amazing photos of the landscape and you throughout the journey, which we will share with you afterward.
We have warm gear on board in case you are cold, but please dress appropriately for the weather.
The roadtrip tarts at 09:00, ends between 15:00 and 16:00 (Between 5 to 6 hours, depending on the weather conditions, etc).
Need to know before you go
- You will return early enough to join our Northern Lights chase in the evening
- One toilet stop is usually included, but sometimes we have to use the “nature toilet“
- This trip starts early. Unfortunately we cannot provide refunds if you decide to not join us last-minute, for example because you’re tired.
- As long as conditions are safe, we take this trip in any weather. Possible rain and snow are part of an authentic Norwegian experience. Please dress appropriately.
This trip requires a minimum of 5 adult participants. If we have less than 5 participants, the trip may be cancelled and a full refund will be provided.
Enjoy a full refund if you cancel up to 72 hours before tour begins.
Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in the city centre
Provided byChasing Lights
Reviews for this provider
20 Sep 2022
You might also like
Lapland Snowmobile Adventure
You'll race over frozen lakes and beautiful snowy forests!
Northern Lights Chase by Bus
You have a chance to fulfill your dream and see the northern lights dancing in the sky!