Lemuy Island in Chiloé
Duration: 8 hours Super Easy
Why we love this tour
You will get to enjoy a day full of adventure!
- Through this interesting tour we will visit Lemuy Island, one of the largest islands of the Chiloé Archipelago.
- This destination is known for its wooden chapels, and during this tour we will visit some of them:
- In the city of Chonchi we will visit the Church of San Carlos de Borromeo, of neoclassical style and the Church of Our Lady of Grace which is built with larch and cypress.
- In Lemuy we will visit the Church of Ichuac, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
- We will also spend some time in the native forest of Chiloé, taking a walk in direct contact with nature in the Yayanes Park.
- It will be a tour full of history and culture that you will not want to miss!
We will start our tour departing from the passengers' hotels to go to the Nercón sector where we will visit the Nuestra Señora de Gracia Church. It was built in 1895 with larch and cypress and has a massive tower of 25 meters high. We will continue our journey towards the city of Chonchi, where we will visit the Church of San Carlos de Borroneo. This church was finished in 1859 and its style is neoclassical. We will also visit the museum of Chonchi traditions.
Then, we will go to the Huicha Port where we will cross through a barge until we reach the port of Chulcuy, in the Lemuy Island. From here we will continue to the Church of Ichuac.
After visiting the church, we will continue between fields of culture until the Yayanes Park, where we will be able to have direct contact with the nature contemplating the native forest of Chiloé. Here, if you wish, we can taste the home cooking of Mrs. Perla Cohan, owner of the park and creator of exquisite dishes. (Optional lunch not included).
After a short break, we will visit the second Heritage Church of the Island in Aldachildo, and continue on our way to a viewpoint where we can see the islands of Quehui and Shilling, and in the background and on the mainland we can see the Michimahuida volcano.
We will continue our journey through a narrow mountain range where we will see the sea on both sides, which will finally take us to the village of Detif where we will also visit its beautiful church.
At the end, we will return to the passenger hotels.
Need to know before you go
WHAT TO BRING?
Comfortable clothing and footwear
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before the tour starts
Hotels in Castro
Provided byTangol Tours
What our customers say about us
You might also like
Beagle Channel Sea Kayak
available for 31 Jan 2022
In this kayak expedition, we cross the waters to rediscover uninhabited beaches and majestic corners. This tour is one of our most favourite outdoor gems of Ushuaia.
Beagle Channel Yacht Sailing
available for 31 Jan 2022
Sail throughout the coast of Ushuaia in a first class Yacht to visit the Beagle Channel highlights