Snowshoe Tour from Stockholm
Duration: 7 hours Easy
Why we love this tour
You will get to hike with snowshoes around breathtaking nature!
- Learn about geological history of the area
- Wonder through winter wonderland
- Cross snow covered lakes with safety equipment
- Track deer, boar and moose in the snow
- Learn about nature & animals
- Taste Swedish fika around a campfire
Environment: Winter wonderland, where everything seems to have come to a halt. We hike through a variety of taiga forest and deciduous forests. We will cross lakes, solid frozen, using ice safety equipment and snowshoes providing traction and stability. Back on land we clip our snowshoes back to our packs due to rocky underground. We'll hike up viewpoints overlooking endless forests. If weather conditions take us to the archipelago we'll see a plethora of islands surrounded by ice.
Wildlife: If we are lucky it will snow during the night and clear up during the day, making it perfect for wildlife tracking as animals leave their prints in the fresh snow. We see tracks all the time, and at times we even see those to whom the tracks belong. In most cases roedeer and moose. Woodpeckers and other birds can be seen frequently, and beaver marks are common to stumble upon as well! We might even go around and spot their dam.
Need to know before you go
- This tour involves physical motion and being in healthy shape is therefore required.
- No prior winter or snowshoe experience is required.
- This is a winter hiking excursion. If the snow level demands the use of snowshoes we will use these. Otherwise we use ice grip cleats under our boots when crossing lakes.
Free cancellation up to 48h in advance
Urban Basecamp in the heart of Södermalm
Tideliusgatan 62, 118 69 Stockholm
Provided byThe Green Trails
Reviews for this provider
18 Aug 2019
We were so happy with our hike. Ben, our guide, made it really special for us. He's very knowledgeable, he knew wild fruits and plants, mushrooms, and was as excited as we were with the hike! We hike on and off-trail, picked lots of berries on the way, went to a couple of lakes, had lunch around a campfire and had an amazing time. I recommend this to anyone keen on experiencing nature in Sweden.
3 Jul 2019
You might also like
Self Guided Bike Tour in Stockholm
available for 27 May 2022
The best way to explore Stockholm is on two wheels - and you'll try it at your own pace, at your own pick and at your own time!
Cross Country Skiing In Stockholm
available for 12 Nov 2022
Discover the surroundings of Stockholm in a different perspective! Putting one ski before the other, you will glide through the snowy tracks and enjoy the peacefulness of a winter forests.