- ABOUT US
We, the company OutdoorVisit s.r.o., company ID No.: 058 89 197, with registered office in Prague, at Korunní 2569/108 Vinohrady, 101 00 Prague, the Czech Republic, registered in the Czech Commercial Register maintained by the Regional Court in Prague, file no. C 272474 (“We“, “Our“, “Us“).
We operate Internet Booking Platform www.outdoorvisit.com (“Platform”) and We are the controller of your personal data. The controller is the one who determines the purposes and means of processing personal data and who decides why and how they are processed.
Through Our Platform We offer interesting, mainly outdoor activities; such as tours, other tourism services and leisure activities (“Activity”) provided by Our contractual partners (“Provider”) all over the world. In order to allow you to book and enjoy your Activity We need some of your personal data.
- WHY WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- In order to help you book your perfect Activity by the respective Provider and provide a proper service to you including a delivery of confirmation e-mail/voucher, mutual communication and connection with the Provider We need to collect some information about you and process them for these purposes.
- Basically, We need to manage your account on Our Platform, to communicate with you and fulfill a contract which is concluded with you. If We have a legal ground to do so, We can send to you also relevant information, inspiration or marketing information.
- WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
- When you decide to book your Activity, We will need (as a minimum) your name, email and telephone number. We provide the information to the respective Provider, so they can communicate with you in case of changes, late arrival etc. To complete your order and provide the selected Activity, We will further need your payment information.
- Depending on the respective Activity and your preferences We might ask for the names of anybody travelling with you and their email or other relevant information. Please note that disclosure of such information is only voluntary. Should you give Us the personal data of third persons, make sure you have their consent.
- Sometimes We will need further information concerning respective Activity in order to provide the Provider with the minimum necessary information to execute the Activity. The information may include height, weight, sex etc. (e.g. for biking, kayaking, surfing). If the information may be included in a special category of personal data (sensitive data), We will require your explicit consent to the processing.
- In addition to this, We also collect information from your computer, phone, tablet or other device you are using to access Our Platform. This includes the IP address, the browser you use, operating system and also your language settings.
- In case you are browsing with your mobile device, you can decide to enable Our Platform to see your current location or grant access to your contact details – this helps Us providing you with the best possible service and experience in the area you are located.
- Further, We collect information you disclose to Us via Our Platform and during telephone or other communications with Our staff.
- If you choose to sign up to Our Platform and book Activity using external identity providers (e.g. social networks like Facebook), you can provide Us voluntarily with your personal data on your profile and other information that is available from your profile and which you decide to share with Us.
- MANAGING AND IMPROVING OUR PLATFORM AND PROVIDING SERVICES
- Please note that your personal data also serves Us to analyze, improve and develop Our Platform and services. When communicating with Us, please note that our call can be recorded. Our main goal is to optimize and customize Our Platform to your needs, making Our Platform easier and more enjoyable to use.
- When you use Our Platform, We can send to you a questionnaire or ask you for a review about your experience with the Platform and the respective Provider.
- HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
- There are different parties integrated into Our Platform and services provided to you. Please note that data processing is performed by those parties under their own rules, which We cannot affect.
- In order to provide you the selected Activity, We have to share relevant data with the respective Provider. The Provider is a controller of your personal data We submit to him.
- We also share the minimum of necessary data with Our data processors, i.e. with suppliers of database and software tools, marketing specialist, hosting providers and provider of customer-care tools.
- There are also other parties which can receive some of your data, which We involve to provide you with Our services such as financial institutions or payment gateways providers.
- We do not sell or rent your personal data.
- DIRECT MARKETING
- In case you are Our customer who has already made some bookings through Our Platform, has provided us with your e-mail through an unfinished booking request, or has already made an account, We may also use your contact information to send to you promotional information about Activity offers (newsletters or other marketing information about our offer), which may be of interest to you. For this purpose, We will contact you through email. In such case We do not obtain your consent and your email address is used on the basis of Our legitimate interest in direct marketing based on the relevant legislation.
- Even in case you are not a customer that has made a booking through Our Platform or created an account so far, you still have the opportunity to give Us your consent to sending you Activity offers (newsletters or other marketing information about our offer).
- You can change delivery settings for marketing messages at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the end of Our email messages, or simply email Us at the contact stated in Our contact details on the Platform. You can also adjust your emailing preferences when creating your account or later in your account settings.
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
- We follow all necessary procedures to prevent unauthorized access to, and any misuse of, your personal data.
- The processing of your personal data takes place manually as well as automatically in electronic information systems, occasionally it may be also in paper form. Your personal data is processed primarily by Our employees and processors.
- Our employees and processors who are involved in processing your personal data are bound by secrecy.
- We use appropriate systems and procedures in order to protect and safeguard your personal data you give Us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on Our servers. Only authorized personnel is permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
- FOR HOW LONG WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
- We will retain your personal data to enable you to use Our services and the Platform, to provide Our services to you including maintaining your account (if created), to comply with applicable laws, to resolve disputes with any parties and otherwise as necessary to allow Us to conduct Our business, including to detect and prevent fraud or other illegal activities for the period of 5 years from the time of cancellation of your user account or its inactivity lasting longer than 5 years or execution of the respective Activity in case of missing user account. After expiration of this time We will delete or anonymize your personal data.
- PERSONAL DATA OF CHILDREN
- The services provided by Us via Our Platform are not directed at children under 16 years old.
- For children younger than 16 years old, the use of any of Our services is only allowed with valid consent which is given or authorized by a parent or a guardian.
- In limited cases as part of a reservation, purchase of other Activity-related services, or in exceptional other circumstances, We may collect and use information of children only as provided by the parent or guardian or with their consent. If We become aware that We process information of a child under 16 years old without the valid consent of a parent or guardian, We reserve the right to delete it.
- COOKIES AND RETARGETING
- When visiting Our Platform, cookies, i.e. short text files, can be stored and saved to your device when loading the Platform. With cookies We can identify the way, how you use the content of Our Platform and personalize Our communication to you.
- You can use some or all of your cookies, block or delete those already set up to your device, but please keep in mind, though, that if you block or delete cookies sent from Our Platform that are strictly necessary or which ensure functionality and performance, the Platform may not be usable or may be less user-friendly.
- Our Platform uses retargeting technology provided by external advertising systems. By retargeting, We can show you Our advertising regarding the Activity you are interested in on other websites when you leave Our Platform. We do not allow advertising companies to collect data through Our service for ad targeting.
- YOUR RIGHTS
- In connection with the processing of your personal data you have the following rights stated below in this Article 11.
- Right to access. In case of exercising your right of access to your data, We will provide you with information about what data We process, the purpose and timing of the personal data being collected and other information on the handling of these data or rights that you may claim. You can also ask for a copy of the personal data undergoing processing.
- Right to rectification. If you find that your personal data is not processed in an inaccurate form or is incomplete, We will make the appropriate corrections or additions based on your request.
- Right to erasure. If you meet the conditions, you have the right to delete your personal data. We will proceed with deletion if your personal data are no longer needed for the purposes for which they are processed, or if you withdraw consent to the processing of personal data, or object to the processing of such data on the basis of a legitimate interest, and such data cannot be processed by Us for any other reason.
- The deletion of personal data will also occur if it is confirmed that We process personal data in violation of the law. By exercising this right, We will first ascertain whether the conditions for the deletion of personal data are met and, if applicable, your data will be deleted in whole or in part.
- Right to restrict the processing. If you meet the conditions, you may also want Us to limit the processing of your personal data. To limit Our processing there shall be one of the following reasons: (i) you claim data gaps, (ii) the processing is done without due legal reason, (iii) the processing of personal data is not necessary for the specified purposes, or (iv) when you object to the processing of your personal data. Restrictions on the processing of your personal data are generally temporary and will persist until We discover the conditions for further processing or delete it.
- Right to data portability. If you meet the statutory conditions, you will have a right to receive or transmit your data which, was provided in a structured and commonly used format, to another controller. The processing of such data has to be based on your consent or necessary for the performance of a contract concluded with Us and the data processing has to be carried out by automated means.
- Right to object. In addition to the above-mentioned rights, you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. The objection may be raised when the legal basis for the processing of personal data is Our or third-party legitimate interest (not in case of processing base on your consent). You may also object if We process your data for the purposes of direct marketing. If there is no legal reason for Us for further processing, the processing will be terminated.
- Right to lodge a complaint. If you believe that We are processing your personal data in violation of your privacy or your personal privacy rights, you may always ask Us for an explanation and removal of such situation. You also have the opportunity to address your complaint to the Office for Personal Data Protection. Contact details for other Data Protection Authorities in the EU are available at http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.
- HOW YOU CAN EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
- If you decide to exercise any of your rights, please kindly email Us to the email address listed in Our contact e-mail: email@example.com. Please, also notice that if you apply your rights, We need to be sure of your identity. Therefore, in some cases We may ask you for further information to identify you.
- In the event that you apply any of the above-mentioned rights without undue delay in writing We will inform you about the way your request is handled.
- CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP
- In the event of reorganization, merger, sale, bankruptcy, or any change of ownership and similar events, We may transfer your data to the relevant third party (e.g. new owner and operator of the Platform). The consent to do so will be obtained only if required by law and relevant practice.
- MANDATORY DISCLOSURE
- We may transfer your data on the basis of lawful requests form public authorities to meet any security or law enforcement requirements stipulated by any applicable legislation. Authorities may require reporting e.g. in case of criminal investigation, investigation of fraud or an infringement of intellectual property rights.
- FINAL PROVISIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
Effective date: 25. 06. 2018